What's new

Wrong speed/choppy sound, 0.5.6

Frogacuda

Just upgraded and there are so many good new games added, BUT a terminal bug that makes this version really ugly to use.

Demul now seems to be basing its speed on my monitor's refresh rate. At 70Hz, Demul reports 71 at the top of the screen for spg and gpu. If I go down to 60Hz (which I don't like), it runs at roughly normal speed (61), but the sound is still a choppy, skippy mess. Buffering settings make no impact.

This all ran great in 0.5.5, and there don't seem to be any relevant settings to fix it. Any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
F

Frogacuda

Turns out this is a bug specific to the OGLv3 video plugin. There's another bug that was preventing the emu from seeing the other plugins, as well, but when I edited the ini to use the DXv3 plugin, everything works fine.

lirin

Hmm, i have the same problem. I triet what you've suggested, but after changing the DLL in the demul.ini, demul says: "unable to load "filename.dll"
What's wrong?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Hmm, i have the same problem. I triet what you've suggested, but after changing the DLL in the demul.ini, demul says: "unable to load "filename.dll"
What's wrong?
Install the latest DirectX redistributable package, because you are missing required files, namely d3dx9_42.dll.

lirin

Well. All works fine, maybe only a DC games not corectly always, but i have one problem. Sometimes the problem returns, and i have 90 FPS for example, sometimes works at 60-61, and it's great. Why i have the problems? i triet changing video plugins, triet disabling multi threaded CPU and GPU and nothing better. Interesting is, when i sometimes run it, it works fine.

ArkLovecraft

I have the same problem.
I'm only interested in playing GUILTY GEAR ACCENT CORE (Naomi)
Perhaps that spg / gpu values are between 47 / 50 on standby and 38 / 40 during game... offline!

I have dowloaded DirectX and the last upgrade of my graphic card, and nothing.

I have an AMD Sempron Dual Core 2100 at 1.80GHz, 6GB RAM.
GeForce 9200.
OS Windows Vista Home Basic.

What can I do?, any idea?

lirin

Yeah, but i have intel quad 4 cores and on every core 2.4 GHZ. 4 GB of ram, and geforce 260 GTX with 1 GB of ram.

Still have these strange issues, sometimes works perfectly, sometimes really fast.