What's new

Cant play in Windowed Mode :(

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
First I would like to congratulate Rice and Schibo on the great release.

But Im having a serious problem. Ok, normally on .7.3 you can double click the rom, and it will start out on windowed mode then you can switch to fullscreen. Well, for some reason whenever I try to play in windowed mode, I can hear the game going on but I get no graphics. All I see is the gui while I hear the sound of the game. I've tried abling/disabling the RSP plugin, still get same results, and Ive tried right clicking the rom and saying play in windowed mode but all I get is the gui and the sound of the game. I can only get graphics if I play in full screen. But I need to play in windowed mode first in order to configure the gfx plugin. What do I need to do to get windowed mode to work? Thanx.

Duncan

N64 Addict
Just a few thoughts, make sure the "Start game in full screen" isnt checked under "settings" and also make sure you set your "windowed resolution" in the video plugin options, as ive never encountered that problem before.

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Ok I still have a problem, some how I got 8.0 to finally play in windowed mode, but then I install the new patch, and then it happens again. I still cant play in windowed mode, all I get is the gui. I tried to take a screenshot to prove it, but the screenshot showed the actual game. I dont get it, I try to play in window mode but all I get is the GUI when it loads, then when I take a screenshot then it shows the actual game. What the heck is wrong here?

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
How is everyone else able to play windowed mode? I think its a bug or something because I never had this problem with .7.3.

Pauncho

i had the same problem, but then i unistalled everything using the uninstall registry files, and then installed it again .... now everything works fine and i can play in windowed mode

Duncan

N64 Addict
Un-installing the previous versions registry lines is very important, and easy to forget to do. You stated "I got 8.0 to finally play in windowed mode, but then I install the new patch, and then it happens again" that means that after installing that patch, it sets up a new registry line, and you could have more than one registry line, so try fully un-installing the current version and its registry lines, re-boot your PC, then install the new version and see what happens :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Gamer123 said:
Ok I still have a problem, some how I got 8.0 to finally play in windowed mode, but then I install the new patch, and then it happens again. I still cant play in windowed mode, all I get is the gui. I tried to take a screenshot to prove it, but the screenshot showed the actual game. I dont get it, I try to play in window mode but all I get is the GUI when it loads, then when I take a screenshot then it shows the actual game. What the heck is wrong here?
You can always press Alt+PrintScrn to take a REAL snapshot, and not an emulator-releated snapshot.

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
OK, I tried uninstalling 1964 via the little registry icons, and then I restarted my computer, and then I reinstalled 1964 starting with 8.0 to 8.a to 8.c and I still have the same problem. Ive been using Jabo's 1.4 plugins the whole time. Otherwise, it still does it.

Now, there has been times with 8.a when windowed mode has worked but I dont know how I did it. My specs were Jabos 1.4/1.3/1.20 plugin, Jabos Direct Sound, NRage V2 plugin, RSP plugin enabled, with video option selected. I right clicked the rom and selected "Play and load in windowed mode". But whenever I exit the emulator and come back on, the windowed mode doesnt work and then I go back to square one. So I dont really know whats preventing or causing windowed mode to consistently work. I was thinking it has something to do with the "Use PJ64 rdb option", because I noticed goldeneye doesnt need it and it works on windowed mode most of the time, but games like lamborghini which doesnt need, doesnt work in windowed mode either. I do have the RDB in my 1964 directoy. So does anyone have any ideas? Otherwise, I appreciate everyones help!!! :)

Duncan

N64 Addict
"I reinstalled 1964 starting with 8.0 to 8.a to 8.c"

hate to say this but thats wrong, you only need to install the orig v0.8.3, then install the latest patch v0.8.3c, theres no need to install all 3 versions in a row (you now probably have 3 registry entries), just the orig and the latest patch (0.8.3c).

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Yeah, Ive tried reinstalling it from 8a to 8c and it still doesnt do it. Ive also tried using Direct 3d 7 but that didnt work either. Its ok, Ive gotten used to it, thanx everyone.

Voyager

I used to have this problem but it is no more. Try this.
Do not set your 1964.exe icon to maximize (use normal) window.

Open 1964 with default window size and do not maximize.
Start your 1st game and it will run in window-mode.
Subsequently, you can maximize the window and all games will run in window-mode.

You have to do this each time you start 1964 again.
It has been working for me and 1964 has not crashed since.
Hope it works for you.

:1964: