What's new

controller not detected

silvercoon

I'm running mupen64 1.5 in Linux Mint 9. The controller is not detected in every game I've tried. I've heard that the 'Plugged' box in the Input menu must not be grayed or dark to be considered 'On'. I
have checked this and it still doesn't work. I've checked it both ways. Should I change to another plugin?

OP
S

silvercoon

I'm running mupen64 1.5 in Linux Mint 9. The controller is not detected in every game I've tried. I've heard that the 'Plugged' box in the Input menu must not be grayed or dark to be considered 'On'. I
have checked this and it still doesn't work. I've checked it both ways. Should I change to another plugin?
I have also made sure the top right box says 'keyboard', and that there are no conflicting key assignments. Still nothing. I downloaded a 'plugin pack', but it doesn't work. Blight is the only plugin the emu recognizes. Currently, the name is appropriate.

OP
S

silvercoon

again

Right. I went through all the headache of installing SDL, and blight STILL doesn't work. I switched to the 'other', and the game starts, but but I can't reassign the keys, and there is no doc with the details. The skimpy manual doesn't help, either. I found the system directory in /usr/share/mupen64plus, but there is no config file with those types of options. I tried to input the plugin directory manually, but that didn't work either.

HDL

Make sure the name of your specific controller appears next to "Device." Hover the mouse arrow over a button input and click it (not the image of the button, but the text describing it), you'll get a prompt to assign it to whatever controller is recognized and plugged in. Repeat for all buttons. The emulator is not going to magically know what buttons you want to use. :)

If that doesn't work, try re-downloading the package, preferably from somewhere else. Or you could try using the current version, 1.99.3, and read the documentation on how to configure/use it properly, of which there is an abundance.

Last edited: