What's new

XBOX 360 wired on Mac OS X

TACD

Hi,
I've been having some problems getting v1.99.3 to see my wired 360 pad in Mac OS X 10.6.4 - I've used the 360 drivers from http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller to get the controller recognised by the OS but I'm not sure what to add to the InputAutoCfg.ini file.

In the Preference pane added by the drivers the controller shows up simply as 'Controller 1 (Wired)' but adding that as the name of a controller in the .ini file has no effect; do I have entirely the wrong end of the stick on how to do this?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

OP
T

TACD

Ahh good, the old 'post a question in the forums so that you figure it out yourself and look like an idiot' trick worked :)

For reference: I failed to notice the line "Input: No auto-configuration found for device 'Controller'" appearing in Terminal. Adding a config section for [Controller] in the .ini file did the trick - I copied the one already present for [OSX: Wireless 360 Controller] and it seems to work fine.

Happy happy!

HDL

Ahh good, the old 'post a question in the forums so that you figure it out yourself and look like an idiot' trick worked :)

You mean like this? =]

For future reference, you can go to the USB section of System Profiler to see the exact name of any controller plugged in. That'll always be the name to add in the InputAutoCfg.ini file.