What's new

Sega smash pack vol 1 issue. please help

xero420

hello their , I'm new here on emutalk but have been around the emulation scene long enough to know how to make them work.

But I have a problem right now,
the only reason that I got interested in emulators (sega dreamcast emu's) is because their is a game that I love with a passion, its addictive and above all, its a nostalgic game for me that drowns me in memories.

the game is

Sega Smash Pack vol 1
DC-SegaSmashPack.jpg

I got the cdi image online and apparently is an echeleon emulated cdi image and it is the only copy that you can find on the web. I tried looking for the original to see if it can solve my little problem but theirs is no original cdi image online.

heres my problem.

when I boot the game onto NUlldc(the latest version) it starts find and everything goes into the intro scream where it shows the 12 games to choose from.

when ever I click on any game, the emulator scream either goes black, or I get multiple dots all around the screen even though the sound of the game runs normal.

I have tested other cdi images on nulldc and they run close to perfect, so I'm suspecting that the echeleon sega mash pack cdi image was some how corrupted when made by the echeleon group.

but then again, I have windows 7 64, and many problems are reported with emulators and such system, so I'm taking for some rare reason that particular game isnt getting emulated correctly. I have tried downloading the image again more then a few times but get the same results in the end..

I have tried testing the cdi image on other emulators but it seems that the only emulator I can run is nulldc.

dreamemu :is incompatible with my system.

dreamcast :is incompatible with my system, cdi images dont even boot under any virtual drive software.

demul: dosent support keyboard buttons, so I cant even do anything on the sega dreamcast bios menu to set date and configurations before playing game so I cant get pass that scream, and I'm not willing to buy a gamepad just to find out the game wont work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so I came to this site to see if I can get some help.
believe me, I have tried many other things I have not mentioned above.

but I want to ask a favor from the emutalk community today.

to see if "sega smash pack vol 1" works at all with what ever emulator your using.
I want to see if the cdi image is really corrupted, or if the problem is only existing in my end.

sadly enough, I can not provide any direct links to roms, but if you simply type in th rom s name on google you will come across it.
hint.

coolro--ms

I'm sure everyone being experienced as their are with emulators and roms, you have websites and links or ways to easily find it to help a desperate guy in need of playing his child hood games..

please let me know if it runs smooth for you, or if the same thing that happens to me, happens to you.