What's new

Conversion .cdi -> .chd

Gonario

What is the best way to convert my .cdi files in .chd format?
It's possible to do this directly, and eventually in batch mode?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It's "possible", but it is wrong, time consuming and not meant to happen. Not to mention that you must be needing to do something else than what you currently try to do.

I suspect you try to run a Dreamcast game as a NAOMI game. Downloaded rips of Dreamcast games come in cdi format amongst others, while NAOMI games come in chd or gdi images (assuming they are disc based games).
In that case, what you're trying to do will not work. You eventually need the NAOMI version of the game. :p

OP
G

Gonario

No, im ok with Naomi stuff pointing my mame's directorys...
At the moment my goal is to save space on HD converting my DC isos (but in prospective i think this is right choice for compatibility with the future Mess driver).

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Well, NAOMI games do not use the .cdi format. Maybe you meant gdi?

If that's the case then you're supposed to use the chdman tool that comes with MAME.

OP
G

Gonario

The .cdi files are images ripped with discjuggler. Demul can read .cdi but seems chdman can't convert this files to chd directly (differently from .gdi). So you can read my question as "how i can convert a .cdi to a .gdi one?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Oh, I don't think it will "work". As far as I know cdi images are not in the chdman list and converting them to gdi images is plain wrong and hardly possible.

Last edited: