What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Diddy Kong Racing 2010

Mollymutt

About a year ago, I got the itch to get back into retexturing, so I contacted 3 of my friends here to see if they were game to do this game. I guess it wasn't a good time, as no one had the time to invest in this project. I started tinkering around, and I liked how it was looking, so I worked on it sporadically until Datadayne contacted me, saying he wanted to get back in the game. We have a good deal of the game done, and we have every intention on finishing, but there is no timetable on when it will be done. I have a policy against uploading partial packs, so don't expect on any uploads until we're done. Remember, this is a WIP, so anything you see in these screenies is subject to change, but this is a good idea of what the final product will look like. Enjoy.

klasa

Is it just me, or is there a texture problem with the blue wall to the left of the tree on
18323_DiddyKongRacing_7_122_401lo.jpg
?
Edit: Forgot to wish you guys good luck with the project!

Last edited by a moderator:

Datadayne

Finished sculpting most of the trees and plants in zbrush. Here are the one I finished polypainting.
33m3fap.jpg

I just started learning zbrush this month so I still need some improvement, if you can tell.

mode7

Nice! Retexturing really seems to profit from Datadaynes 3D skills! I like the left tree a lot-

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Another great project by the great texture artists Mollymutt and Datadayne. Only thing I didn't like is the Racing in the logo. Looks kinda out of place imo.

death--droid

The pack has not been released, so there will not be any download link what so ever. There's pictures in the first post thats about it. This texture pack is more than likely long dead unless Datadyne and Mollymutt surprise us with a release.

Zoomer

Just literally today setup my N64 emulation and got the itch to play Diddy Kong - was hoping to see a texture pack available its to bad there is no further progress on this !

Always thought DKR was the better racing game than MK.

OP
M

Mollymutt

I've never been a fan of releasing partial packs. We actually did quite a bit of the game, but not enough to call it complete. If Data doesn't mind, I might release it as is. Thanks for the interest.