What's new

modified scripts for ZIP'd files on MAC

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
So I like to keep my roms zipped for space saving. I keep mine with one file per ZIP file just to make sure that's known and why this works how I have it. I guess if you keep info files or others in the same archive you could parse the 'unzip -Z1' output through sed some way to grab the proper filename.

Anyway I modded the 'run' scripts that come with MP64+ so that it decompresses, runs the rom, then deletes the rom when done. Sadly these additional commands won't work properly with SpeedofMac launcher (which is awesome) due to some strange parsing of the .sh by the application. So should someone know how/if I can correct what I am doing in my script to make it work for SpeedofMAC Launcher that would be cool.

Code:
zn="$1"

ROMPATH='/FULL_ROM_PATH_HERE/'

unzip -u "$zn" -d $ROMPATH

fn=`unzip -Z1 "$zn"` 

rom="$ROMPATH""$fn"

echo "$rom"

./mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS/mupen64plus --corelib ./mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS/libmupen64plus.dylib --plugindir ./mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS --gfx mupen64plus-video-rice "$rom"

rm "$rom"

Usage

./run_rice.sh '/ROMPATH/ROM_NAME'

Last edited:

SpeedofMac

I'm sorry I didn't get to this sooner! If you'd like to try this out with a new version of the launcher I've been working on, send me an e-mail.