What's new

'Out of Mem Sections' Error Goldeneye

phoenixking

I keep encountering this error when playing Goldeneye through PJ64. I'll play for about ten minutes, and then the game will freeze up, and the error will display. I've tried both PJ64 1.4 and 1.6. In 1.4 i get the error message, and in 1.6 it just freezes up. I've tried Jabo's graphics plugin, and Mudlord's Rice Video in both versions, with the same results. I've also tried changing audio plugins, to no avail.

I have 2GB memory, and 3000 MB of virtual memory. I've been watching my RAM usage meter right before the freezups, and there is no change. It hangs out at around 45%-50% used and doesn't spike before the crash.

I never encountered the problem when first using it, it started appearing after i installed and uninstalled a bunch of plugins, trying to find the best one. I figured it could be caused by a leftover from one of the plugins i uninstalled, so i deleted everything and redownloaded it, also to no avail.

I found this thread where someone else had the same problem, and fixed it by turning off larger compile buffer-which i could not find.

I'm at a loss for what else to try.

Using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6
Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4 (prefer to keep using this one- it can render the sky)
Windows Vista

thanks,
phoenixking

Last edited:
OP
P

phoenixking

Nevermind- did a little digging and found the setting. Works like a charm now. Sorry if i wasted anyone's time. Feel free to delete this. My bad.:doh:

:stupid: