What's new

Memory Pak and Project 64 download

super_gamer

Hi, I have been onto the main page of project 64 to download the memory pak however it is only to specific games, is there a stand alone memory pak that supports all games, as a game I am attempting to play a particular game (pokemon snap) if I exit the game it restarts from the beginning again which is quite frustrating.

Any advice on this matter is appreciated.

Also what is with the quiz/spam that is on the binaries page? I can't download project 64 without having to answer a quiz and I don't want to do in case of spam or worse a virus.

Thank you.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
There is no quizzes or spam of any kind on the Project64 homepage, Download section or otherwise. At least, I can't find such things.

Second, Memory Paks are only used by games that support/require Memory Paks for saving game data. There is no "stand alone" Memory Pak that supports every game. Games save their data either via MemPaks, Flash memory, EEPROM or SRAM. You should see one of those files in Project64's Save folder if saving was successful.

If a game doesn't save properly, you need to make sure that Project64's save folder isn't read-only and you have permissions to write to that folder. Did you save in Pokemon Snap before exiting the game?

Last edited:
OP
S

super_gamer

I know that the save functions works fine, I just thought that there would have been something more better.

There was a quiz on the binary page, even when logged in. I'm just grateful that a rom had project 64 included :)

Thanks again Agozer.

Agozer

I still can't find any sort of quizzes or spam on that page. Yes, that is the official Project64 homepage.

OP
S

super_gamer

If its about the browser, I'm using firefox, I have no idea why I am the only one experiencing this, I had a friend help me with files.

I checked all files and the program allnatural and like your username its all natural and no malware, keep your rude comments to yourself and don't jump conclusions.

Agozer

I think he meant that he downloaded a rompack somewhere, and Project64 happened to be included. I'm going for 'confused'.

Alunalun

Yep, same. If you go to 'downloads' and try to go to 'binaries' it comes up with a pop-up quiz that wants your email address.

So super-gamer is quite right that the download from the Project64 site is no longer useable. I thought people knew about this?

Anyway, Zilmar has been distributing some sort of workaround link
http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/startdown/34/
on the other forum (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1703) to anyone who asks.

It is very odd that only some of us are seeing the survey...

Allnatural

My apologies; I stand corrected.

I haven't been to the official site in a while, but I now recall that the boards were overflowing with spam at one point.

Agozer

Well, I'm using AdBlock constantly, so that might explain why I can't see it.

OP
S

super_gamer

Thanks Agozer, never heard of AdBlock I will start using that in future :)

As to allnatural, thank you for your apology.