What's new

Mupen64Plus 2.0?

bgn

Hey, I started using mupen64plus a bit ago, and I was wondering:

When will 2.0 come out? is there a set date for this, an ETA, some kind of code freeze or development benchmark, maybe something from nostradamus? it's been like 4 months since the last release, surely its stable now. And the gui frontends would be lovely too. Don't get me wrong, it functions great, it's just a little tedious to use, especially for multiplayer.

this might be a question for Richard42, but anyone who develops anything please respond!
thanks

OP
B

bgn

bugs

hmm, by the way, I've just found two bugs that aren't listed on the compatibility page or the issues one. There seems to be some mention of the first, but it was reputedly fixed a few versions ago. however, there are flickering black lines and frequent texture "stutters" in Mario Kart 64 (they occur during races) in the latest OSX build.

Moreover, in The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, the title splash that's thrown over the introduction video when the start button is pressed is dimmed/faded for some reason, although it plays well on other emulators. This is all under the Rice plugin (no mods).

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Hi bgn, it's just sort of in a holding pattern at the moment. I've done most of what I want to do for 2.0. I'm just waiting for other people to develop front-ends to more thoroughly test the API. I want the API to be as stable as possible with as few changes as possible after 2.0. After someone develops a thorough GUI front-end and we work together to really finalize the interface then I'll release 2.0. I'm not really in a hurry. If we accumulate a few more fixes and minor improvements in the meantime I'll make another 1.99.x release.

OP
B

bgn

Thanks, I'd say another 1.99.x release would be pretty welcome, especially if it had even a rough prototype of a GUI. Could you point me to the project pages of any GUI front-ends in active development (to look at / contribute)? I can't seem to find any mention of one/them. Also, where is the source for mupen64plus? The google code page doesn't allow source browsing or SVN access.

OP
B

bgn

xD I hate to admit it, but Speedofmac's Applescript/Perl launcher is *pretty good, although it's mac only. Another bug for Majora's Mask (verified on my windows partition), if you begin the three day cycle (from the beginning, no save owls/stones, just an Ocarina of Time save) with less than your full health (I noticed it for 3/4 complete hearts), mupen doesn't display the last filled heart sprite (although beyond the gap it shows unfilled heart(s)), and when you try and refill your life (by any means e.g. hearts/fairy/great fairy) the counter messes up and decides you only have as many hearts as you started with originally (3 in my case) and displays that many, removing all the unfilled heart icons and fixing your # of heart containers at that many.
Also, the sun & moon icons on the clock at the bottom of the screen aren't displayed, leaving you to guess what time it is.
(Rice plugin. Arachnoid and Glide are way glitchier)

Surkow

@Auria - My mistake, even though I knew it was Hg I wrote down GIT. That's what you get with a lack of sleep.