What's new

my emulator isnt working

butterbaugh64

whenever i try to open my emulator it says "plugins not detected please set up plugins" whenever i try to set them up, there are no plugin choices. i know that thats because i dont have any plugins, well, plugged in. so what is a pluggin, how do i get one, and how to i set it up? another thing, after the pluggin messages went away, i would go to my rom list, and all the games i had downloaded were gone. why is that? is that because of the plugin thing?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
All the necessary plugins come with Project64. If Project64's Plugin folder has an assorted number of different .DLL files, then the plugins are present. but for some reason PJ64 fails to detect them. If they are not there, reinstall the emulator.

Also make sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card and sound card installed. Making sure that DirectX is installed a properly functional is a plus, too.

The rom list is empty if Project64 cannot find any supported N64 ROMs in the folder it normally scans for ROMs. IIRC, the default folder is Roms. If plugins can't be initialized at startup, whether or not ROMs show up in the Rom Browser is the least of your worries, though.