What's new

paper mario error

Wook_anator

so right after peach meets the little star to send the lucky star to mario this error pops up saying : cache failed to translate : 10, any ideas?

OP
W

Wook_anator

so after looking around for a little bit I couldn't find anything related to this. I changed some of the settings but the same thing keeps happening.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
so after looking around for a little bit I couldn't find anything related to this. I changed some of the settings but the same thing keeps happening.

Then you probably don't know how to use the search feature properly.

Anyway, if you have the PAL version, switch to the NTSC US version. Not only does the game run faster, the problem should no longer occur. If it does, then we need to start brainstorming again.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wook_anator

Then you probably don't know how to use the search feature properly.

Anyway, if you have the PAL version, switch to the NTSC US version. Not only does the game run faster, the problem should no longer occur. If it does, then we need to start brainstorming again.

noob question, but how do i switch versions?

Agozer

i Got it working, but now i keep getting a graphics error im using the jacobs direct8 1.6
Would you happen to have an integrated graphics chip made by Intel? If so, you need to switch to Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin.

If you actually have a decent video card, then you need to update its drivers.

OP
W

Wook_anator

Would you happen to have an integrated graphics chip made by Intel? If so, you need to switch to Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin.

If you actually have a decent video card, then you need to update its drivers.

Yes, I do have a chip made by intel. Do have a link for it so i know im downloading the right one?( sorry im new to all this stuff)

Agozer

If you mean drivers for Intel, those can be found on the Intel homepage, under Support. You need to know the model of the chip, though.

IIRC, Paper Mario has issues with both Jabo's Direct3D6 and Direct3D8 plugins, so switching to the D3D6 one might not make anything better. Worth a try, still.

Clements

You could also try Glide64 with the eVoodoo wrapper. You should get no flicker at least.

Old combo, I know, but Intel's support for OpenGL is ass normally, so Glitch64 will most likely crap out on you.