What's new

PJ & winXp?!?

Rasmus

Banned
the emulator keeps freezing when i play games with pj (1.4 or 1.5) in winxp, why?

ive noticed that it's worse in some games than in others, all my roms are verified good.

it is especially annoying in Turok when i get past level 2, anybody had this experience?

when it frezes i have to turn of my cpu, cause neither keybord nor mouse works when it freezes....

please help me out of this, I don't wanna install '98 again, cause i like xp...

:pj64:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Right Click on The PJ64 Icon & go to Properties.
Now go to Compatibility & Run This Program in.
Try the setting on 98/Me Or 2000, & see if it fixes it.

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
thanks for the advice, but it didn't solve anything unfortunately...

got other sugestions? and why does it happen more and more frequently in turok, there were no problems in levels 1 and 2, but i can't run around for one minute in level 3 before the emulator freezes.... Damn....

???

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
well i have also had this prob a long time ago on 98 & it was a driver Prob, an update (Lots mind) fixed it.
Xp i had probs running most games untill i done the Compat settings.

So you have tried the compat, so I would look at the drivers.

Also so others can help, you should list your system specs.

Like mine below in the Sig.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It is probably because some of your specs are overclocked. This are the highest reason for lockup.
Try to clock them down if you have overclocked anything.

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
tnx doomulation, but i didn't overclock anything...

and by the way I did'nt think it was nessesary to download drivers for gforce 2 mx with xp, shouldn't xp already have these drivers??

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
if that's not the case, where can I get the newest drivers for my nvidia g-force2 mx card?

SquareSoft0

Moogle
Haven't any of you noticed? XP takes up around 190-220 MB of RAM just to run XP, it drastically runs down resources...... Almost all high-RAM usage programs have the same glitch, I'm just glad I'm using ME which takes 13 MB of RAM.:D

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Im glad as holy smokes that I'm not using ME, crappy, bugged up OS, go to 98se, 2k or XP. If you want a real OS go get Mandrake or Rad Hat -> free!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Rasmus said:
so u're saying that my 256 mbRAM wouldn't be enough?!?
Yes, winxp always takes MUCH memory. As always when I have my computer started, it shows that I have ~300 mb ram free when looking at the counter. Of course, I do have some programs like Norton AntiVirus and stuff running, but...

Slougi

Rasmus said:
tnx doomulation, but i didn't overclock anything...

and by the way I did'nt think it was nessesary to download drivers for gforce 2 mx with xp, shouldn't xp already have these drivers??
XP already has drivers for the geforce cards, but they are slow and not completely functional. Get the latest detonators from www.nvidia.com

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
Im not very used to cpu's anyway, so it looks like there is only one standard xp detonator for all gforce cards, am I right??

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
the new detonators didn't solve it unfortunately...

my specs are:

AMD Athlon 1200 mhz
256 MB SD RAM
Nvidia Gforce2 mx 400
40 GB HD

I really hope that this problem has a solution... only thing that makes me doubt it being a RAM problem is, that a game like Conkers never freeze, while Turok does, I would say Conkers should use more RAM than Turok right??

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
or can the problem dwell in the fact that I did not make a full installation of XP, I only opgraded to XP from my prviously installed '98... can this be why it's freezing? cause the freezing also happens when I try to install drivers for my hardware, and when I burn CD's....

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Rasmus said:
or can the problem dwell in the fact that I did not make a full installation of XP, I only opgraded to XP from my prviously installed '98... can this be why it's freezing? cause the freezing also happens when I try to install drivers for my hardware, and when I burn CD's....

Well I think you just answered your own question. :D

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
and I just bought the upgrade version for 120 dollars, microsoft really pisses me off right now...

where can I get the shit cracked?:devil: ??