What's new

Expanding?

Martin

Administrator
I've been considering expanding EmuTalk to cover all emulation, but I don't know if it's such a great idea. The forums would need some massive restructuring, but it's hardly a difficult thing to do. The question is, do we want this? Or should we stick with our Next-gen forums only? :innocent:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well one point of view is that not too much longer N64 emulation is going to max out like NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. People will move on to bigger and better things (GameCube, PS2, XBox, Dreamcast, etc.), but if EmuTalk doesn't it will quickly be left in the dust.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Martin said:
I've been considering expanding EmuTalk to cover all emulation, but I don't know if it's such a great idea. The forums would need some massive restructuring, but it's hardly a difficult thing to do. The question is, do we want this? Or should we stick with our Next-gen forums only? :innocent:

Well, you could do this in the mean time. Dreaming about Future emus are kinda dumb.

Eagle

aka Alshain
I think you should have it sort of like you do for the Favorite Games section. Have an N64 Section and under that all N64 Emulators, a PSX Section and under that PSX emulators, etc. etc. This way you prevent from having a beginning page thats two miles long and General N64 Emulation can be posted directly under the N64 section and General PSX emulation directly under the PSX section etc. etc.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
if you want to do it right do what eagle says. but Yah we should have a Snes section at least becasue that is the system that most people eumlate on their own computer. the only thing is that there aren't too many BIG problems to work out with these emus so you might put a section up that just turns into a can of spam. what MIGHT work though is to have just a section called "Classics" that would cover conversation of nes and snes as well as the other clasic systems. (wow im getting old if snes is classic) but then have an arcade game secton as well.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Eagle said:
Well one point of view is that not too much longer N64 emulation is going to max out like NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. People will move on to bigger and better things (GameCube, PS2, XBox, Dreamcast, etc.), but if EmuTalk doesn't it will quickly be left in the dust.

was he being optimistic or pessimistic? ???

id say just expand to arcade emu, it'll take a while to 'max out'. On the other hand once next-gen emus get hotter (and n64 gets colder) then expand to that. if u expand to next-gens now, the board will be spread to thin (who would actually go to a forum where its all speculation anyway?).

Eagle

aka Alshain
I was being optimistic, in summary, I was saying Emutalk needs to move with the times.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Thanks for the input, it seems like a lot of people think this is a good idea. I need some more suggestions on what to cover, how to structure it etc. For instance, not every system that's emulated can have its own board. I doubt a Sinclair Spectrum emulator would get much attention, and there's nothing more boring than empty boards.

Please comment. :)

flow``

flow``
it might not be related to emulation exactly

but a "nex-gen" board might be nice to covert gc, ps2, and xbox - which most ppl seem interested in atm

Quvack

I think go ahead and add the ones u want under a catagory, and after a trial period (a month or so?) keep the ones that go well, piss off the ones that dont :)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I think you should have an arcade section (duh, I already said it before), which will cover stuff like CPS2 and Neo-Geo stuff. And you should ask the ZiNc guys if they want to get hosted here, their board is butt ugly...

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Expansion is always good, it will bring more people to the boards...and more people to give money to feed Martin :D

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
split the current others board into 'arcade' and 'others' and add a 'Next-Gen Discussion' to general discussion. this gives a place to put all the 'GC 0wnz' and 'Xbox suX' threads.

Remote

vampireuk said:
Expansion is always good, it will bring more people to the boards...and more people to give money to feed Martin :D

Which was the original idéa behind emutalk, right? :p

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Ehhh...hehe. More traffic = more expensive. Banners aren't paying for the traffic if that's what you think. :)

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
yeah I think it's a great idea, maybe more emu authors would come here and emutalk would have an even bigger credibility

Remote

Martin said:
Ehhh...hehe. More traffic = more expensive. Banners aren't paying for the traffic if that's what you think. :)

Yup, atleast not at the current state of the market and a bigger forum would be worth the cost...