What's new

Where do I place epr### bin files? Lupin The Shooting

jigen

Hello,
I Setup Demul, and cool there is Lupin in the Game Startup files!!! I have the
zip and Winrar version of the ROM. When I go to start it with the zip file I get
a epr-21578d.bin not found popup. I have those files as well. My question is where do I install them into Demul install to have them recognized? I am
going to copy them into plugins now and try again. Any help appreciated!!!
Cant wait to play game!!!

OP
J

jigen

Didn't work in Pluging

Nope did not work copying bins to Plugins. Will go look at the configuration setup.
Where it tells you to look for the game rom etc.

OP
J

jigen

Make It Easy To Respond

Ok ill make it east to respond to this. Used to have a teacher called fill in the_______ Frank. __________= blank. You type in the answer.

Download the appropriate DEMUL. I use the 32 bit.

Install Demul to __________.

Download Sega bios pack ___________.

Install __________(SEGA bioses to) _________(Folder Name).

Create folder_________.

Add sega bios files to ___________ .

You get the Idea.

Someone needs to write a guide to installing and using this program. You guys can figure out computer programming but cant write a users guide:( SAD.

Any help appreciated

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
All BIOS files have to be in thier respective zip archives which are placed in Demul's roms folder (i.e. Naomi BIOS files are in naomi.zip, Naomi2 ones in naomi2.zip, Naomi GD-ROM BIOS files in naomigd.zip, etc.).

OP
J

jigen

Rom?

OK so i fresh loaded Demul. There is no Rom folder, 1) so click and create new folder named rom? Lets see, I have a MAMEBIOS.RAR FILE. I n it are three naoimi
zips NAOMIGD.ZIP, NAOMI2.ZIP, AND NAOMI.ZIP. So extract these to the newly created ROMS folder? and of course tell the program to look there in setup.
Lupin game is naomi, but it is asking for a older version of the driver. I guess that the zips are there. Trouble is stupid winrar won't export unzipped files.
I will try again after I eat!! Thanks for responding. I also have the four 1-011-01
type files, are they necessary?

OP
J

jigen

Ok!!! But Not Done Yet!

OK, I put the zip bios files into folder I named ROM, and associated it to the Plugins, and bam no more asking for the bios files.
Now it wants lupinsho.bin!!! So do I unzip the winzip file? It is saved as lupinsho.zip, and when I open it I see gds-0018.chd as the file.
I also have the Winrar compressed file of the .tsd and .dat file.
So do I rename the zip file to lupinsho.bin? Or unzip it and rename it?
Getting close!!!
Thanks!!!

I will re-read the instructions readme see if i can figure it out. Tho help is appreciated, there are no hard and fast manuals to this emulator, so a response helps other newbs out!!!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No, never rename extensions. Files have their distinct extensions for a reason. Either put lupinsho.zip in the roms folder as is, or unzip it if things don't work as is.