What's new

Auto loading control configs?

slayer69

I want to run Project64 on my arcade cabinet and would also like to have different control configs automatically loaded for each game. Because this is for an arcade cabinet, it would be a bigger hassle than normal to break out a mouse and navigate the menu to load a saved control configuration.

My plan is to forgo the use of Project64's controller profile save mechanism and create multiple copies of the emulator's base configuration and then associate each of these copies with the proper game, so when a game is selected, the proper copy of the base configuration for that game is copied to the name of the emulator's base config file before the emulator is invoked. I've written my own custom font end, so the implementation of this idea is not a problem.

My problem is that I can't figure out what the emulator's base configuration file is. By "base configuration file", I mean the file that saves the information that you choose via the GUI menus. It's got to be saved somewhere, but I've made configuration changes via the menus and I just can't find any files that have a time stamp consistent with my changes. Any ideas?

Toasty

Sony battery
IIRC, PJ64 saves its settings to the registry. Plugins can save their specific settings however they please, though I think most use the registry as well.