What's new

No luck with VMS files

KeenCommander

I'm trying to play Jet Grind Radio under Demul and it runs perfectly, but I've had no luck at all getting it to see a memory card. Went into VMS manager, created one and formatted it - but the Dreamcast still sees nothing (I've tried this repeatedly). Changed the type to VMS to VMU and it shows the LCD from the VMU, but still doesn't see the actual memory card at all. Any suggestions? I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and the latest version of Demul if it matters at all.

n0ah

I'm having the same problem and I'm looking for the solution here. I also don't know how to use the save states that are found in the File menu, and there is no documentation on them that I can find within the menus or on the main site. I'll have to check the files and search the forum I guess.

teknowill

A workaround

Hi,

I have win 7 64-Bit. Got it to work Use notepad++ to make a zero byte file with no header.

Example:
bill.vms

than just link to it in demul. format it, if it errors no problem. open a dreamcast game like metro street racer and let it format it for you.

It may have something to do with permissions. I didn't try this but run demul as admin and give the memsave folder: everyone full access 777