What's new

Here is it, the Daedalus 0.07b D3D plugin

CoolDaedalus

Here is it, the unofficial Daedalus 0.07b D3D plugin

I posted a message on Daedalus's message board to ask authors if it is ok to extract the D3D code from Daedalus 0.07b to make it a plugin, no one seems to care about it, so I decide to release it here.

I don't want to make more comments, please take it and try yourself.

I believe this project has a lot of potential if anyone would like to continue it.

Edit: This is not official release. It is not from Daedalus's authors and without their permission. I'm just extracting code from Daedalus 0.07b, have done some modifications to make it to a video DLL. I am not taking any credit from Daedalus's original authors. All credits should still contribute back to Daedalus' authors.

CoolDaedalus

The current ZIP file is newer one, it should work in all emulators.

Last edited:
OP
C

CoolDaedalus

To use it, you need to put the DLL into the plugin directory of your emu. You also need to put Daedalus.ini file to the same directory and the directory of your emu.

OP
C

CoolDaedalus

I was using 1964 emu, I think I have seen this error with PJ64.

As fas as I know, 1964 and Apollo should work.

This error is coming from PJ64, I think one or more DLL interface functions are missing from the DaedalusD3D.dll.

OP
C

CoolDaedalus

The source files, should work with all emulators now.

The src file. Should work with all emulators (including PJ64) now.

2fast4u

cd, i can load it in 1964 but there is no graphics output :( (screen stays black) - in window mode as well as fullscreen. :!!!:

EDIT: (this is the old binary, ill give it a new try now)

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
ahhhh :) beautiful! thx again :) btw, when i tried to compile it gave me a lot of errors, i'm assuming this is because i don't have the DirectX SDK, if my assumption is correct, where can i find the DX SDK?

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
that pic looks like the game has the wrong ucode :!!!:

EDIT: woops.. i meant the 1st pic ???