What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Kaizoku Roof Super Mario 64 Hi-Res/Kaizokuroof Style (2)

Good Morning/Evening to all,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to view my project, please leave me some comments so I can improve my work :) I've been working on this project since late 2009, a very long time. It's always been there, in the back of my mind and even while taking my extremely long brake, I've never forgotten about it and always wished it complete.

Anywho, I've recently been given some "free time" and wish to do something productive! So I've begun working on my project again... so far only minor touch ups to textures, resizing and organization of folder structure but I'm making headway.

<MAIN TEXTURES>

Front Yard: 70%
First Floor Lobby: 60%
Bomb-Omb Battlefield: 76%
Whomps Fortress: 65%
Cool, Cool mountain: 0%
Jolly Roger Bay: 0%
Bowser World I: 50%

<SKYBANKS>

Front Yard: 0%
Bomb-Omb Battlefield: 0%
Whomps Fortress: 0%
Cool, Cool Mountain: 0%
Jolly Roger Bay: 0%
Bowser World 1: 0%

Pictures in next post :)

Update: 14/01/10 - Bomb-Omb battlefield almost complete. Mainly minor things left to retexture.

Update: 16/03/10 - Switched setup to linux, after having issues with main PC. (Blew it up)

Update: 20/02/10 - I've almost completed Whomps fortress. (Some pictrues are up)

Updated: 15/06/10 - I've started my full time job so this is pretty hard to work on. I've lost my setup so I've dug out my backed up files and started copying all my old stuff onto my HDD, after I've set up my software I'll begin working on it . :)

Updated: 29/02/12 - Hi guys, long time no see! I've recently been given the opportunity to continue work on my Mario 64 pack... It's something that I've always wanted to complete and something I've never forgotten about, so I've started work on it again. Check out the pictures post for some updated pictures ( removed all the old ones and posted current ones). I've also taken the time to merge the threads at Redux and Here to replicate the same (easy editing I guess).

Beta pack link: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mckv4b3a9sp117 <- Beta pack

I've taken some screenshots to show you what I have completed thus far:

hFA0z.png

2vtJz.png

mhCaX.png

qzmAL.png

7rtGw.png

uyLNv.png

qMOcR.png

mOslP.png

szvix.png

qw62L.png

H9cjf.png

AYYXK.png

dKHzU.png

7aACj.png

FdT6c.png

1dIOE.png

yHzvs.png

cVKom.png

kmwkd.png

xS6Tv.png

01NDc.png

VxyN5.png

cXhj9.png

cz735.png

^With this texture above (rope bridge) I've finally experimented further with layers and curving filters (although you can't really tell) =) Quite pleased with my final texture, though there is some tiling issues and I will touch it up later.

8la8K.png

- K.R

UPDATE NOTES:

Trying to keep this post as organised as possible, I will post all screenshots here in the first post and I'll be posting the dates in which things are completed and such.

Update 29/02/12: I've just started Bowser World I and have made some progress into the level, some of the textures on this level are used in other levels to, so I may go a about updating them later to make them fit in better... (we'll see).

It always seems like you've done more work than you have, but I'll continue updating the post whenever I feel I've done enough mainly to just keep motivation level high.

Update 08/07/12: Have now updated the download link which is located top of the page, but for you laziness, here it is http://www.mediafire.com/?1mckv4b3a9sp117

Last edited:

death--droid

Personally for me hires real looking textures do not work with mario. But everyone has different tastes.

OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Hey all just a bump to let you guys know that this thread isn't dead. It has just been a little difficult retexturing on Linux. That and I busted my computer but! I have a new one and I'm almost ready to tackle this project once again.

Anywho thanks guys and I'll be back soon :D

OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Hey all I've copied all my old saved back up data off my portable and I've put it all into a beta pack.

I hope you test it out for me :) I would love to here some feed back so I can work on improving on what is to come. Even if you dislike Super Mario 64 in Hi-res please offer your opinion.

- Thanks guys,

Kaizokuroof.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3r0zzyddwhx

Here is the link sorry it took so long.

Last edited:
OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Hey all updated previous posts, sorry it took so long :) Check first or previous posts for link. Please advise if Mediafire will not work for you. I will upload a mirror.

Please test it and let me know what you think.

Gnight! Kaizokuroof.

Last edited:
OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Hello all, I'm back... again for the 9th time or so. I began working on this pack later 2009 IIRC, always wanted it completed but never had the time or motivation, anyways I've begun work on it again and this post is just to bump it back to the main page. Please check out the updated post 1, it has all my current screenshots and information. I would love some comments so feel free to bash it if you don't like it or praise me if you do =)

- K.R

airwide

Good to see youre still working on it. Im sure theres many awaiting to try it.

I personally think some of the elements are a bit too "greyish". Like the grass
in the 2nd and the 8th picture. I makes it look a bit more realistic than I want.

Otherwise, great job!

OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Good to see youre still working on it. Im sure theres many awaiting to try it.

I personally think some of the elements are a bit too "greyish". Like the grass
in the 2nd and the 8th picture. I makes it look a bit more realistic than I want.

Otherwise, great job!

Thank you very much, I can agree with you on this, I believe I went back and changed them in an earlier update, the screens don't give them justice and aren't completely up to date, however they still look very similar.

I like it :D

Thanks very much :)

Original post has been updated with download link for beta pack, which is current and should have all textures, plus a few extra's included in it. Give it a test and let me know if it runs fine for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mckv4b3a9sp117 <- Beta pack

I appreciate all your feed back and any suggestions would be great, I am far from a great artist, but I'm quite proud of myself as I have next to no knowledge when it comes to graphical programs, like GIMP which I use to create/edit the textures :)