What's new

Paper Mario freeze

BorisAcornKing

When I try to take the whale to Lavalava island, it gets to the second screen where you watch them riding the whale, and the seagulls flying overhead, then it freezes with the looping sound of the seagulls & beach ambience, and the game doesn't progress.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I saw that there was a solution for the freeze at Peach earlier in the game that I also experienced, and as a result, I've come back to here to see if this has also been figured out.

Thanks in advance

OP
B

BorisAcornKing

i don't know what plug-ins i'm using. I'm running the emulator as I downloaded it, as far as I can remember. No, I'm not using cheats.

Alunalun

You can find out what plugins you are using on options>settings (this is also where you change them).
(I believe the default plugins are Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6, Jabo's direct sound 1.6 and Jabo's Diectinput7 1.6)

i lol at you

User of PJ64
if you are using the EU version of this game it would happen, same as it happened for me just after the first chapter. What i did was switch to the US version until you find a save then switch back. Hope this helps :)