What's new

choppy sound, on UNR 9.10

AlphaWhelp

I'm using Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 and no matter what I am getting choppy sound when trying to play Paper Mario. In ZSNES I solved this problem by switching to a lower resolution but that doesn't seem to be working with M64+ I was wondering if there are compatibility issues with Paper Mario or if there is some setting configuration trick I can do to fix it.

powered_by_tux

Using PulseAudio? If so, then install the package libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio. This fixes choppy sound and hangups when using SDL games and PulseAudio in combination.

Not using it? Then your usage of Ubuntu Netbook Remix suggests that you are using Mupen64Plus on a netbook. Unfortunately, netbooks are still too limited in hardware capability to run N64 emulation. In that case it is surprising that you are just experiencing audio problems while emulation works for you at all.

fzrenzo

is not hardware of netbook

hello do not think that the netbook nor their few skills I also have this problem in unr unr 9.10 but 9.04 worked well.

my da 27 me at 30 frames per second and works well for games that need 60 frames per second

Using PulseAudio? If so, then install the package libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio. This fixes choppy sound and hangups when using SDL games and PulseAudio in combination.

Not using it? Then your usage of Ubuntu Netbook Remix suggests that you are using Mupen64Plus on a netbook. Unfortunately, netbooks are still too limited in hardware capability to run N64 emulation. In that case it is surprising that you are just experiencing audio problems while emulation works for you at all.