What's new

Banjo Kazooie GFX issues

Grunty

Hi everyone!
Just wondering if anyone has gotten Banjo Kazooie to work. So far it plays fine on my system, (Athlon XP 2000+, 1gb ram, gforce 2) but Nemu can't seem to handle transparencys in the game swimming underwater is impossible cause the screen goes black when you go under :/
Just wondering if anyone else has having this problem, otherwise the game is totally cool.

Daedalus also emulated it (even better than Nemu in many aspects) but it was very unstable.

Has anyone at all been able to play Banjo with Translucent water?
Thanks!!

Grunty

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I think Nemu has transparency problems :/
Since you already mentioned Deadalus, might I dare to say that you should either wait or use project64?

LD.

*poke*
Project 64 is probably the most compatible N64 emulator there is. It's definately one of the best.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
LD. said:
Project 64 is probably the most compatible N64 emulator there is. It's definately one of the best.

I think that PJ64 is the Most Stable emu out of all the N64 Emus. As for compatiblility, it is growing once again now that we have 1.5 beta out & Expect more to come.

1964 is the Far best at compatibility, but sometimes it can get very unstable for lower call computers, but who cares about lower class computers? *COUGH* :plain2:

P.S.: KILL THE BUNNIES!!!
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

OP
G

Grunty

Thanks a bunch!

1964 seems to run well, and is very stable, but there are tons of graphics bugs and there doesn't seem to be any sound or a z button or any of the c buttons :/

Btw about project64, thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!!!! It looks awesome I love it!!!

Grunty's game is now complete
now that all the graphics are running sweet!

bye for now!

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Hmm?

I used :1964: 0.7.3 for Banjo Kazooie and didn't encounter a single problem (besides slow performance on my P3 450).

Z button and C-buttons: Are you using the Basic KeyBoard Plugin? That's missing those buttons. Jabo's DirectInput7 1.40 works very well for me.

No sound: Are you sure you just haven't got the No Sound pluging on? If not, try Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver) or v0.40 Beta 2 plugin. v0.30 (Old Driver) is faster but v0.40 Beta 2 has higher quality. Both work fine for me.

GFX glitches: Are you using Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40? If so, here are the settings I use (with no GFX glitches):

Display

Rendering Device: Direct3D T&L HAL
Windowed Resoultion: 640x480
Full Screen Reolution: 1024x768x32
Buffer display mode: Triple Buffer Vsync
Wireframe Rasterization: No
Sort independant anti-aliasing: Yes
Anisotropic filtering: Greyed out for me (set to Yes if possible)

Emulation

RSP code simulation: F3DEX 1.XX
Geometry Transforms: Automatic
Texture format: 16 and 32 bpp
Enable Fog: Yes
Enable Display Culling: Yes
Change blending mode if invalide for video card: No
Always use texture filtering for rendering: Yes

Advanced

Frame Buffer Emulation: None (enabling Copy DList will cause the 'jigsaw pieces' fade in/out display to correctly, but it degrades performance massively)
Force Depth Compare: No
Force Depth Enable: No
Force Normal Blending: No

And here are some core settings (these can affect graphics too):

Hardware settings

Expansion Pak: No
EEPROM Size: 2KB EEPROM
Game Save Type: All Used Types
Counter Factor: CF=2
Use TLB: No
Max VI Limit: NTSC 60 fps

Compiler settings

CPU Emulator: Dyna-Compiler
Register Caching: Yes
DMA in Segments: No
FPU Hack: Yes
Self-Modifying Code: Protect Memory
Link 4KB Blocks: Yes
Assume 32bit: No
Advanced Analysis: Yes

Phew! Well, Banjo-Kazooie works fine for me with those settings. Give it a whirl! :1964: is a great emulator!

OP
G

Grunty

Thanks, I'll try that, they're all at NeSC right?

I've been reading up on stuff there and *gulp* I'm scared now, so many things to go wrong with a rom!
*hugs banjo kazooie and hopes he's allright* :D