What's new

Mupen64Plus v1.5 vs Ubuntu 9.10

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
I can't run any roms with Mupen64Plus v1.5 on Ubuntu 9.10 32bit.
NVIDIA Driver Version: 185.18.36
The log below. I tried precompiled binaries, build from sources, build from sources in the trunk - crashes. Is it problem with my particular configuration, or Mupen64Plus really has problem with this OS?

Log:
Rom cache up to date. 1 ROM.
Compression: Gzip
Imagetype: .v64 (byteswapped)
Rom size: 1048576 bytes (or 1 Mb or 8 Megabits)
MD5: DBF04773EC2B8ADF8A94DB7E3E461138
80 37 12 40
ClockRate = f
Version: 1444
CRC: ddba4de5 b107004a
Name: Mupen64Plus
Manufacturer: 0
Cartridge_ID: 0
PC = 800f1800
EEPROM type: 0
init timer!
init timer!
Error: The core thread recieved a SIGSEGV signal.
This means it tried to access protected memory.
Maybe you have set a wrong ucode for one of the plugins!
SIGSEGV in core thread caught:
errno = 0 (Success)
address = 0x08A02000
invalid permissions for mapped object
Rom cache system terminated!

Richard42

Emulator Developer
I can't remember if I've run mupen64plus with 9.10 but I know that I built it from SVN under 9.04 and didn't have problems.

powered_by_tux

I am running Mupen64Plus on Ubuntu 9.10 (although it is 64 bit).

Both the precompiled version as well as the self-compiled variant are working fine. I have not tried the SVN yet, though. Do you have tried deleting pre-existing configuration files if there are any?

OP
Gonetz

Gonetz

I used 9.04 running in virtual machine, and had no problems with Mupen.
Now I have 9.10 as main OS on my development PC, and can't use Mupen with it. Most likely it is a problem with the PC configuration, but I'd like to be sure. What are the "pre-existing configuration files" to delete?

Surkow

That would be the contents of "~/.mupen64plus/". But if it's a clean installation I doubt it would help. Which plugins are you using at the moment? Does it work with other plugins besides Glide Napalm?

OP
Gonetz

Gonetz

I just unpacked Mupen64Plus-1-5-bin-32.tar.gz and run mupen64plus. Default configuration with default plugins and default demo rom file. Emu crashes with any plugins: "Error: The core thread recieved a SIGSEGV signal."

OP
Gonetz

Gonetz

It's my fault - the app must be installed. It was not necessary when I run it on virtual machine, but now it started to work only after running install script.