What's new

What this? Huh!

sya64

Rom Finder #-Z
Goto:www.emulation64.net

and press the English version,u will see all the news.
scroll down until the title of the the news is
.:Safeguard of Pokemon Snap:. OR .:Safeguard of Bomberman Hero:.

:plain2: this part made me mad!
when u download the safeguard it a .fla type.

Eagle

aka Alshain
I think its a patch, but I don't recognize the *.fla extension. A patch will allows you to modify a rom using a program such as IPSWin, but IPSWin uses a *.isp extension. I have no idea what program is used for that patch.

After patching the rom will no longer be recognized as a "Good" rom by GoodN64, however it may allow you to play the game with Project64 (if it works as it says it will). You must have a "Good" [!] rom of that particular game for the patch to work. Any other bad or modified version of the ROM will not allow you to patch it correctly.

Please keep in mind that the Project64 message board only reccomends GoodN64 approved [!] roms and will not support the use of these patches so you will basically be on your own if something doesn't work. However if you do find the correct patching program and decide to try them, make a backup copy of the roms first.

OP
sya64

sya64

Rom Finder #-Z
OK!

.:Safeguard of Bomberman Hero:.
has .eep

but
.:Safeguard of Pokemon Snap:.
has .fla

and the news say that it will work porperly on pokemon snap.

my Q:
why both are NOT the same type?

Eagle

aka Alshain
Oh wait. Me slaps forhead in stupidity, *.fla and *.eep are PJ64 save games. Sorry, it was 1:00am when I replied before. I wasn't thinking straight.

*.eep is Eeprom and I dont remember what *.fla stood for but I think its the 16k Eeprom.
There is also *.sra for SRAM and *.pj# for save states

Eagle

aka Alshain
In the project 64 folder under "Save"

Then when you run the game, you sould be able to load the save game.

Macca

isn't it automatic? if not i think you can right click the it or choose the properties, there is a way to bring up the save details of a game

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
remember to name the save file the same as the rom. (ie PokemonSnap.n64 & PokemonSnap.fla). Like Jaz said, it should load in the game automatically. and it has nothing to do with shockwave flash!

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
pj64er said:
remember to name the save file the same as the rom. (ie PokemonSnap.n64 & PokemonSnap.fla). Like Jaz said, it should load in the game automatically. and it has nothing to do with shockwave flash!

Wrong, the Save name should be the same as the Internal Name which for pokemon snap would be POKEMON SNAP.fla regardless of the rom's name. For bomberman hero it would be BOMBERMAN HERO.eep regardless of the roms name. The internal name is not always the name of the entire game, for example...

Game Name-Internal Name
Charlie's Blast Territory-CHARLIE BLAST'S
Choro Q 64-CHOROQ64
Chopper Attack-CHOPPER_ATTACK

The internal name can be anything the programmers wanted it to be. But they can be found in the RDB.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
the internal name was set by the people who dumped the ROM, not us (!) :) (relates to why we use it) you can get it fom any ROM tool, from the ROM, or from Project64 ROM info.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Smiff said:
the internal name was set by the people who dumped the ROM, not us (!) :) (relates to why we use it) you can get it fom any ROM tool, from the ROM, or from Project64 ROM info.

Really? I thought the internal name was written on the cartridge chips itself by the game company. Otherwise, how would the internal name always be the same when many people dump carts.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
back when large numbers of n64 games were being released, the various dump groups used to compete with each other to get the game out first. The first dump received by Cowering and then proved to be good would become [!] i.e. the official good dump, from which everyone now has their good rom. The internal name is whatever that group happened to type in, and it's then fixed because it's part of the CRC.

I think that's right.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
side note, we have them to thank for THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, a name which still causes me trouble (is it under Z, no.. is it under L, no....) ;)

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
ok, i'll leave the insecurity out this time.. i'm pretty sure you're wrong, i dumped some of my carts.. and i don't remember naming them.... furthermore my cd64 shows the carts internal name... lets see if i can find a pic of that...

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
wow, and i thought my cam was fux0red...
anyway, can you see where it says: CARD NAME : Chameleon Twist

i'll try to take a pic tomorrow... i'm too tired now...