What's new

"Designed for N64 mem pak"?!?

Rasmus

Banned
I was wondering...

is there any way to save in games designed for use with the N64 mem pak?

and please don't say savestates, cause this feature is way too unstable yet...

Renzokuken

Big bad boy
Try out N-Rage's Input Plugin...
newest should take it.

Newest N-Rage's plugin used to have
Virtual transfer pak too, but it's not working for me...

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
all I get when trying to load a save-state is a lot of error messages and then im forced to close the emulator

about the mem pak, does it mean that all i have to do is download the newst "n-rage-plugin" and then I'll be able to save in games that require mem-pak saving??

where can I download n-rages plugin if thats the case??

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Rasmus said:
all I get when trying to load a save-state is a lot of error messages and then im forced to close the emulator

about the mem pak, does it mean that all i have to do is download the newst "n-rage-plugin" and then I'll be able to save in games that require mem-pak saving??

where can I download n-rages plugin if thats the case??

Yeah I'm also using NRage's plugin for that. Works like a charm.
I personally also don't use save-states ever since I consider them a form of cheating. If the game didn't mean to save at this state I shouldn't be able to IMHO. :) The only thing I do which is not really cheating though is backing up save files. You can do this on the real system by copying save slots from A to B and vice versa. Very useful for Zelda:MM owl saves when you miss only a few fairies and time is running short.

o Get the newest version from http://go.to/nrage.
o unzip file and put .dll in your Plugin directory
o select this new Plugin in the Project64 Menu Options -> Settings...
o configure Plugin with Options -> Configure Controller Plugin...
o here you can define your buttons and such..
o go the the "Controller Pack" tab
o make sure "RawData" is checked
o select "Mem Pack" from the pulldown menu
o click "New Mem Pack/Browse" to create a new Mem Pack
o Format it with "Format Mempack"
o Load up your rom which is designed for the Mem Pack

It would rule if you could specify which pak to use in the RDB (or some NRage specific input file) for specific games but you can't unfortunately.
I noticed that "Adaptoid Pack" works fine (rumble) with StarFox but brings Zelda:MM down to a crawl. Seems "Rumble Pak" is the overall better option after all.
Can someone tell me what the default "Deadzone" is of NRage's plugin? I'm still wondering if the 10% I set for the Adaptoid came preconfigured or if I screwed something up. But seems to work fine so far.

:pj64:

Allnatural

You don't need N-Rage's plugin to use mempaks. It's a good plugin to have for a variety of reasons, but the default input plugin included in PJ64 handles mempaks just fine. You just need to enable mempak support.

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
how do i enable mempak support? I looked allmost evrywhere... and will it work without flaws?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
PJ64 actually supports mempak natively in the core, when you enable it in Jabo's plugin (or N-Rage's with RAW off) you are actually using Project64's internal mempak support, which is AFAIK fully working in 1.4+

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
ok i can hear that im being annoying to you, so i'll stop asking "stuppid" questions....

tnx anyway... :)

OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
so it means that u gotta use a real N64 controller with a mempak inserted?

it is not possible to create a virtual pak??

N-Rage

Rasmus said:
so it means that u gotta use a real N64 controller with a mempak inserted?

it is not possible to create a virtual pak??

Um.. did u try checking MemPak in the Input-Plugin yet?
It works with any Plugin AFAIK, either you can choose a Filename for the Pak( aka RAW-Mode ) or Pj64 will create a own Mempak for each Game in the "saves"-Folder.

Or is your Problem that u dont know how it works on the real thing :angry:

Last edited:
OP
R

Rasmus

Banned
I have bought more original game packs than you could ever imagine n-rage...

but it is quite different with an emulator, u know. Or did you ever try a real N64 to see how it works?...:pj64:

Merick

Well, if you've still got those mempaks, get an adaptoid and you can use them with the emulator.