What's new

Yet another problem with the BIOS...

keatonguy

I've been explained the basic method for making the BIOS work. I take dc.dat, which I've downloaded from the Demul site, and the BIOS file, in this case 1_01d_01.bin, and put them in a file called dc.zip. I did a hashcheck on 1_01d_01.bin against the strings in the dc.dat file and they match up perfectly.

But it still won't start! It's the same error! I've tried putting dc.zip in Demul's directory, in my roms directory, the plugins directory, it's just not finding it! So what gives? What am I doing wrong?

I hope someone can shed some light on this enigma of a program. I really don't want to have to suffer through the insufferable slowness that is Dolphin to play Sonic Adventure again...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Leave the BIOS file in Dc.zip, but put a copy of that same BIOS file in Demul's base directory and see what happens.

encrypshon

I'm pretty new to this program and the bios has confused the hell outta me. I have it working now thanks to a great file i found containing all the bioses correctly labeled and so on.
Anyway.... Do you need to choose the correct bios from the "Config --> DC Bios" option in order to make it work?
@Keatonguy, Have you tried selecting the different Bioses from there to see if it gets rid of error?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The DC BIOS selection menu affects what version of BIOS the emulator will use. If the corresponding BIOS file is not found the emulator gives an error message.

I agree though that the developers could have made the emulator easier to understand and configure - there's way too much confusion over how to use BIOS files correctly with Demul, for example.