What's new

Graphics Card Issues.

kkomw

I'm running mupen64 1.5 plus on ubuntu wth a ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Graohics card on my laptop. When i load up and start a rom the program just seems to close and doesn't do anything. Was thinking there was something wrong with my input settings, but i don't think so, now that i put in the blight input plugin, i can configure that fine. However when i run the mupen64 plus through terminal, i get this....

GUI mode from terminal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(II) Initializing SDL video subsystem...
(II) Getting video info...
(II) Setting video mode 640x480...
The program 'mupen64plus' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)'.
(Details: serial 11 error_code 1 request_code 158 minor_code 19)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Gui mode from terminal:
(II) Initializing SDL video subsystem...
(II) Getting video info...
(II) Setting video mode 640x480...
X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 158 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
Serial number of failed request: 11
Current serial number in output stream: 11

SO.. I'm guess it's something to do with my graphics card? Is it just not going to be compatible with Mupen 64? I got rid of windows off my laptop, so if i could find a way to emulate n64 games, it would be a HUGE plus. Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
K

kkomw

-

Uhm. I think i just need to re install a graphix driver or something because i use to play xmoto, and now that doesn't even run anymore, and my graphics driver won't seem to activate.... so i might try just install the newest ubuntu.. currently using intrepid.. gah

Lord Budweiser

Ebul Overlord
Well, I wouldn't update that soon...

Some older ATI graphics cards are not supported anymore in the newest drivers, and older drivers are not compatible, as far as I know, to any Ubuntu post-Ibex. There are open-source drivers, but their performance aren't something to write home about.

I had such problem with an X1100, and I would suggest to not go further than reinstalling your drivers. Maybe try your luck with another distro?

Last edited: