What's new

Wheres the beginners guides? I need help, nothing works

shuriken

Can someone please run me through the basics of this emulator? Im sick of getting game after game, just for none of them to ever work.

I have only EVER managed to get 1 game to work, and that is 'KOV7SPRT' for atomiswave, and even though it works, the sound quality is terrible.

I have a few games:-

-Trizeal
-Psyvar2 (dont load, even though compat.txt says it works)
-Csmash (randomly either says cant find epr-xxx.bin, or just loads naomi screen then does nothing)
-Cfield
-Ikaruga ("cant find 'Ikaruga.bin' in romset Ikaruga", its right there, are you blind!?)

I have all of the BIOS files, for DC, NAOMI 1 & 2, ATOMISWAVE, and even HIKARU, yet nearly EVERY game I try to load, it says it cant find one of the BIOS files in the BIOS zip that is clearly there. For example, most games do this: Cant find 'epr-1577d.bin' in romset naomi (I have both NAOMI, and EPR-1557d, which seems to be the USA Naomi BIOS) so what gives? I dont understand what Im doing wrong.

-What is the VMS manager for?
-What are GD-roms?
-What is 'LIST SORTING' and 'MODIFIER' in the GPU plugin??

All of the games Ive tried, (that dont work) Ive cross-referenced them in the COMPAT.txt, which says they do work, so why dont they work for me?

How do you improve the sound quality? its really grainy and fuzzy all the time.

There seems to be nothing in the form of help documentation for this emulator, anywhere, how are noobs (like me and thousands of others) supposed to learn!?

I hope somebody can answer these questions, I love emulation, I especially love arcade emulation and have been using MAME for years, but this sounds like it could be better, so any help from a pro to a noob would be much appreciated, seeing as theres no clear help anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: