What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Kaizoku roof's Super Mario 64. (I know it's been done)

Hey all just practicing my skills by trying to make a hi-res realistic mario pack

Any comments and ideas for improvements would greatly be appreciated.

ORIGINAL:

2rgdwko.jpg

RETEXTURED:

2nukikw.jpg

ORIGINAL:

22mfzo.jpg

RETEXTURED:

6f9krl.jpg

ORIGINAL:

14jan0z.jpg

RETEXTURED:

24lnfxv.jpg

Thanks, Kaizoku roof.

blooped out

My advice is simple. DON'T.

Realistic textures do not suit this game and serve as nothing more than an eyesore and a disservice to the game.

OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Mmmm. Thanks for ythe honest opinion....

Project Dead, I think I'll work on something else then.

Last edited:

chaoszerox

hires_texture
You took advise from a person with 4 posts quite seriously, but I will say this...

Don't start something that doesn't get finished. no 1 likes an incomplete project or one not even 1/2 done

If you can't guarantee you'll get it at least 1/2 done all by yourself, don't try

You made an ok first attempt though...If no one else gains anything from it, you will have gained some skills, assuming you actually made those textures

Last edited:
OP
K

kaizokuroof

Pirate
Is everyone a prick at this forum?

"You took advise from a person with 4 posts quite seriously, but I will say this..."

You have 23 thats so much better, it's not about your posts. Delete this thread I frankly don't care.

Just so you know. It's quite disheartening when the only two replies in your thread are ones that don't help me at all.

"If you can't guarantee you'll get it at least 1/2 done all by yourself, don't try"

Why should I not try? I enjoy retexturing and I was just trying to share what I've accomplished and try to get some good honest feedback.

Thanks to the community for nothing. :)

have a nice day, kaizoku roof.

Last edited:

death--droid

Nice attempt on on the textures, i see your aiming for a more realistic effect so first off with the grass the texture seems quite low and has white "tips" in it so from far away it can make the texture look bad.
One thing to note your texture can be bigger then the original as long as its size is by ^2 (power of 2) and so on
Oh yeah don't let this forum take you down, there are some nice people around here who would give you some good tips others will just give you absolutely useless information.

Hope you don't give up on retexturing i also reccomend looking into some of mode7's tutorials as they can help a lot
http://www.n64redux.com/tutorials
EDIT:
Also it sometimes helps to stick true to the original texture(Like replacing a sand texture with a sand texture) but then that's not always true and depends on what you plan on doing with your pack.

Last edited:

blooped out

Is everyone a prick at this forum?

"You took advise from a person with 4 posts quite seriously, but I will say this..."

You have 23 thats so much better, it's not about your posts. Delete this thread I frankly don't care.

Just so you know. It's quite disheartening when the only two replies in your thread are ones that don't help me at all.

"If you can't guarantee you'll get it at least 1/2 done all by yourself, don't try"

Why should I not try? I enjoy retexturing and I was just trying to share what I've accomplished and try to get some good honest feedback.

Thanks to the community for nothing. :)

have a nice day, kaizoku roof.

I didn't mean to be harsh, but I'm just giving the general concensous regarding Mario 64. The game really doesn't suit detail at all. Perhaps you should pick a more suitable game that hasn't been done yet to try your textures with?

And it's a good point regarding what you said about the post count thing. On any forum it seems that if you have a small post count, then you're obviously a bit clueless about things and have no right to an assertive opinion. What the above poster doesn't realize is that I was a member of these boards before and had worked on a fairly popular texture project, but that was when my knowledge of photoshop was fairly limited.