What's new

I feel like a bit of a noob for asking...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I'm thinking that his problem is that save states do not work rather than him not knowing what the keyboard shortcuts are.

OP
C

Clear

Rey de los Gitanos
oh, that's pretty cool, i didn't know that. Well, actually, and this is rather embarrassing, but i couldn't make a vms to save, but i made one and it's all gravy now. Thank you so much for those hot keys though.

OP
C

Clear

Rey de los Gitanos
Also, a lot of my games keep crashing, if there's any settings i could change or extra program i could download or whatever, it would be greatly appreciated if you let me know.

Agozer

There are no extra programs that magically help if games crash. It might get us somewhere if you told us what games you are trying to run and what your system specs are.

OP
C

Clear

Rey de los Gitanos
every time i try to run sonic adventure, jet grind radio, and jojo's bizarre adventure i get a message saying DEmul has stopped working. What exactly do you mean by system specs?

Agozer

System/computer specifications; video card, amount of RAM, operating system, etc.

OP
C

Clear

Rey de los Gitanos
I'm using Vista (Lord help me), i have 1918 MB of ram, i have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2.60 GHz), and my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. As far as i'm concerned, it's pretty standard

Agozer

There could be a number of reasons why it crashes, and Windows certainly doesn't help in determining what the exact problem is. It could be pretty much anything.

OP
C

Clear

Rey de los Gitanos
rats. Are there any plugins or anything i could download that might help?

Agozer

Older versions of Demul (I think 0.5.3) has two different OpenGL plugins, and a Direct3D plugin. The newest version (0.5.4) only has the Oglv3 plugin for graphics. All the plugins Demul uses are provided with the emulator itself, and IIRC, can't be downloaded anywhere else - there aren't any other plugins anyway. Plus, it seems that the plugins are version locked, meaning that you can't use plugins from 0.5.3 in 0.5.4, for example.

When was the last time updated Nvdia's ForceWare drivers?