What's new

Version 0.5.4 has arrived chaps

Hawq

# fixed bug with NVidia video cards.
# fixed some bugs and added some new ones;
# fixed threading and core bugs;
# added new romsets for NAOMI/NAOMI2/ATOMISWAVE, improved compatibility;
# almost 90% of arcade games boot now are most of them are playable;
# main change - full support of NAOMI2 games, there are some gfx bugs but all games work now;
# added analog controls for some NAOMI/NAOMI2/ATOMISWAVE games, including light gun emulation (press F11 during the play);
# added Dreamcast light gun support;
# added Dreamcast mouse support;
# a lot of improvements in GPU plugin (thanks to DreamZzz);
# added clipping support (mirrors in cars, Soul Calibur menu look good now);
# improved emulation of shadows, fog and similar effects;
# a lot of other changes which we forgot already.
here

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
I'm getting an "unable to make polygon shader" error upon loading a DC game. I've checked my configuration and it's the same as what I had on the earlier 5.3 version.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

catulietalk

Hi to all
I testing virtua fighter 4 my specs:
AMD Phenom X3 8450 2.1Ghz, 2Gb ram 800MHz, Ati Radeon HD3200 IGP 512mb shared memory.
run at 30 in maximum 35fps.

Compare the next screenshots: virtua fighter 4 PS2 vs virtua fighter 4 Naomi 2,

PS2

d1a.jpg

d2am.jpg

Naomi

d1bk.jpg

d2b.jpg

75983358.jpg

33206395.jpg

:D Sorry my bad english

catulietalk

Originally Posted by Agozer
Actually they are the same, it's just that PCSX2 doesn't really do a good job. On the actual PS2, the game looks just as good.

I think the diffence between ps2 and naomi 2 is very noticiable but you have shots ps2 real no emulated virtua fighter 4 overalls in the stage with rock floor.
Not believe ps2 can give this graphics in special this stage with rock floor, this effect seems displacement mapping but naomi no have this propierty and seem generated with much polygons.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I'm getting an "unable to make polygon shader" error upon loading a DC game. I've checked my configuration and it's the same as what I had on the earlier 5.3 version.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
If you haven't figured it out by now, an update was released that fix this error.

nyc7398

have a question

i can't running to vf4...

have a this message running vf4 after

can't allocate 240 Mbytes memory (Error:12)

Helllllp~~plz

isamu

WOW this update came out of nowhere!!! Thanks so much for the work you are doing iWind! It's VERY appreciated mayne! :)

I gotta question....can you, or anyone else tell us how well, if at all, the emu runs naomi I & II driving games? Which of the following games are playable at close to full speed with very little to no graphical glitches:

1)Ferarri F355
2)Initial D series
3)Club Kart Racing
4)F1 World Grand Prix
5)18 Wheeler
6)Crazy Taxi
7)King of Route 66
8)Sega Driving Simulator

.....?

dr emu (madmax)

WOW this update came out of nowhere!!! Thanks so much for the work you are doing iWind! It's VERY appreciated mayne! :)

I gotta question....can you, or anyone else tell us how well, if at all, the emu runs naomi I & II driving games? Which of the following games are playable at close to full speed with very little to no graphical glitches:

1)Ferarri F355
2)Initial D series
3)Club Kart Racing
4)F1 World Grand Prix
5)18 Wheeler
6)Crazy Taxi
7)King of Route 66
8)Sega Driving Simulator

.....?
the update comes with a little file called naomi-compat.txt which tells you what works and what doesn't )

well for anyone wanting to know
Ferarri F355 = naomi multisystem unsupported not working

Initial D series working with minor to major graphic problems

Club Kart Racing not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

F1 World Grand Prix not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

18 Wheeler again not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

Crazy Taxi again not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

King of Route 66 not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

Sega Driving Simulator not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

there might be dreamcast versions of these games just not the arcade versions yet
sorry:(

Last edited:

dr emu (madmax)

i can't running to vf4...

have a this message running vf4 after

can't allocate 240 Mbytes memory (Error:12)

Helllllp~~plz
it could be like agoser said or it could just be you either haven't got the correct rom or you haven't got them in the correct place

try going to config right click on it and where it says plugins right click again then go down to where it says roms then either look for the place you keep them or alternatively click on new file and put them in there

hope that helps ;)

bgn

Could use some help with Monkey Ball - the controls aren't being recognized, and Aiai is stuck in the corner.

Clear

Rey de los Gitanos
i'm having some problems too, whenever i try to play sonic adventure or jojo's bizarre adventure, DEmul crashes at the character select screen

hiryu69

i have problems with this version, i cant run any game in 3D, only works games like hokuto no ken but with a several glitches in screen (in the other version of demul runs fine)
for example in ranger mission i can only select mission,after that the emu crashes

my specs:
Amd sempron 2800+
1024 ddr2 ram
ATI x1650 pro 512 ram

any suggestion?

Last edited:

NGboo

I have a problem when starting 0.5.4, which didn't exist in 0.5.3, and the problem is this:

DemulError.jpg

I tried repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling Visual C++, but nothing helped. It keeps reporting the same error, even when Visual C++ is uninstalled and the emulator won't even start. :(

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

jairolas

Nevermind, I solved this myself hehe.
By they way I thought this will be better than nulldc but is not.

Last edited:

isamu

the update comes with a little file called naomi-compat.txt which tells you what works and what doesn't )

well for anyone wanting to know
Ferarri F355 = naomi multisystem unsupported not working

Initial D series working with minor to major graphic problems

Club Kart Racing not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

F1 World Grand Prix not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

18 Wheeler again not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

Crazy Taxi again not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

King of Route 66 not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

Sega Driving Simulator not available in either mame or demul (not sure of other emu's)

there might be dreamcast versions of these games just not the arcade versions yet
sorry:(

Hmm, well, thanks anyway :sombrero: :cat: