What's new

Vista 64 9550 Quad Nvidia 9800+GTX Wont work!!!

omnix32

OK. I have tried everything.

It can't be me. I am not slow.

Ps3 controller emulated fine....
PCSX going fine
Dolphin working fine

Dreamcast emulation NOT SO GOOD.

demul is the closet I have gotten. It will load the CD loader then goes black.
I have tried 3 versions of cd loaders. My few dreamcast CD's are (My children were little if you get the point)

Chankast won't load anything. It just spins wildly and makes funny sounds.

NullDC can't boot crap and has no idea what .nrg bin or a cdi is.

I have the bios and everything set up. as far as I get is the sega screen Clock then the options to play.

So is it vista 64, I heard that chankast won't run in vista.

I even followed some video tutorials. There games load, mine won't and I have images that have worked for others on older systems.

Ideas??

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Your system specs ultimately won't matter so much.
Using burned CD-R's is really not recommended, and trying to boot GDROMs is just asking for trouble, so disc images are the way to go. But I'm sure you figured this out already. Virtual drives like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% aren't really needed with Demul nor nullDC because they can't mount and boot disc images independently.

Chankast spins wildly and makes funny sounds
What does this even mean? Chankast really isn't an option, unless you are a masochist. If you are, Daemon Tools 3.29 is recommended.
IIRC, Chankast certainly has some trouble with Vista, 64-bit or otherwise.

NullDC can't boot crap and has no idea what .nrg bin or a cdi is.
nullDC can boot a lot of things (probably crap included), and certainly knows what NRG and CDI images are. What version are you using? Anything less than 1.0.3 is not an option.

If the disc images you have are not selfboot, then fairly obviously they won't run without a bootdisc. Using bootdiscs is dodgy and often invite more trouble than they are worth, although many people have had success with the Utopia bootdisc. If you know that your images are selfboot, yet still won't run (despite using the disc image plugins and making sure they are configured correctly) then it is possible that your Dreamcast flash file or the BIOS is corrupt.

OP
O

omnix32

Thank you very much for your post.

I was able to get the boot loader working in nullDC and demul. It is very possible that my images have gotten corrupted somehow. Now way to test until a I get new images.

NullDc does not seem to have a way to configure a Ps3 controller like Dolphin.

Chankast I can't get to boot anything except the bios options.

I going to give it a break for a little bit. It is to much work hunting BIOS that have to have an exact name (Or renaming them.) depending on what DM emulator your using, No ps3 controller support for nullDC. None of the emulators are as well thought out as the Dolphin (No bios needed worked out of the box and runs the new Wii games we have. That is impressive.)

Top it off, Sega sucked anyway, I am going to buy Code veronica for My sons Ps2 and play it that way. I can't think of any other title worth playing again on the DM.

Thank you for your suggestions.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Well, it's not about being well thought out but about differences on how each system works. Let's just say that what Dolphin does for Gamecube/Wii cannot be done for Dreamcast emulators. The need for BIOS files is part of this.

Apart from that I do agree that some things could be simpler... and they'll eventually be in the future.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The only way to get nullDC working with a controller is to use a keyboard --> gamepad mapper like XPadder.

And yes, you'll be much happier playing Code Veronica on the PS2, as it is sort of a special edition of the original (hence why the additional moniker X in the title). Somewhat difficult (I just suck at it - need to put some though into it), but a great RE game.