What's new

rush 2049 +black screen ?!

sonic phist

hey ,

i ve got mystery problem. its a black screen when I load the San Francisco Rush 2049 rom.
I re-installed PJ 64 but still no luck. It worked fine (excpet for awfull sound)when i first loaded it ,but now its black screen only.
I know there are some high system requirements and crappy sound but now i have nuthin.
Other PJ 64 game Roms work fine hovering around 56- 60 fps

What files coudl have been altered to make it not work the second time around?
i have not even had a chance to configure any cheats yet...

Im running PJ 64 on
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (64-bit)
Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
witha GeForce GTX 275

with the default settings on the set up and plugins installed.

any ideas?

Thanks anyone

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Raed the GameFAQ and act accordingly, Although that won't necessarily solve your problem completely. You can always try Glide64 and see if that makes a difference.

OP
S

sonic phist

Raed the GameFAQ and act accordingly, Although that won't necessarily solve your problem completely. You can always try Glide64 and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks Agozer , but the FAQ says nothing about Rush. Why do you suggest Glide64, I thought Glide 64 was for computers that dont have advanced 3d graphics cards?

thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Glide64 is for computers that have decent to good graphics cards, although supposedly Glide64 also works with trash like Intel's integrated chips, but I can't comment on how well exactly.

X-Fi6

If Glide64's meant for computers with Voodoos but works very well in OpenGL with all other cards, and Jabo's is meant for slower graphics chips and older DirectX cards so it lacks the more advanced graphics effects like Read every frame (for Banjo Kazooie), and Rice is buggy as hell, what do you think is the best choice, here?

...Z64? lol
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=40640