What's new

Rice Video 6.1.0 Linux question.

GzY

Weed Smoker/Java Developer
Is it possible to load textures using the 6.1.0 Rice Video plugin ported to linux? If I recall, Rice Video required BMGLib.dll in order to load textures in windows, however, .dll's aren't operable in linux (without using WINE). But it seems the alternative to .DLL's are .SO's, so is there a BMGLib.dll compiled/ported to linux as BMGLib.so?

I used to be a windows fanatic...but over time windows became more and more limiting, so I switched to linux. Now I'm slightly regretting it, but there's a high chance I can never go back to Windows, for both personal reasons and hardware reasons.

If there is any way to load textures while running Linux, I'd LOVE to know about it! Thnx in advance!

-GzY :linux:

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm such a newb!

Last edited:

pokraka

For e.g. Mario Kart, I tried naming the folder "MARIOKART64", "MARIO KART 64", "Mario Kart 64 (U) [!]", and so on.

I tried putting it in ~/.mupen64plus/hires_texture (like mentionned in the wiki), in ~/.config/mupen64plus/hires_texture (default config folder for mupen64plus on my system) and in ~/.local/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture (another default folder).

I tried putting all the images directly in the "MARIOKART64" folder without any subfolder in it (from wiki: "The texture folder will obviously have images inside and no sub-folders.").

I also myself dumped some textures from Mario Kart and tried renaming the new textures of the package according to the names of the dumped ones.

And I tried with mupen64plus 1.5 from the package repository of my distribution (Arch Linux 64bits), and also with mupen64plus 2.0 compiled from the source.
Of course I always made sure the "Load high resolution textures" box was checked.

So please don't say that I didn't give it a try if you don't even know...

microdev

So please don't say that I didn't give it a try if you don't even know...
Calm down man. You refered to the question if it supports hires or not and I answered you. As there is a "load hires" option it obviously supports hires textures.

If you would have povided this info earlier, I wouldn't have proposed that. It's as simple as that. An aggressive attitude does not make people support you solving your problem.

Use the folder name that has been created when you dumped the textures. Should be "~/.mupen64plus/hires_texture/MARIOKART64" Of course the hires textures within this folder have to be unpacked.

pokraka

Sorry for having been so rough. I didn't want to be aggressive, I was just a bit frustated at this moment because of the time I wasted trying to fix this problem. Nothing against you of course.

I tried some more manipulations and indeed it's possible to load custom textures (the folder I had to use was ~/.local/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture, but I guess it's just because of the way the source package for my distribution was made).
But it acts very strangely, sometimes textures load sometimes they don't, that's why I first thought that it just didn't work.

If someone has the same problem, I wrote a detailed report here: http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/issues/detail?id=297