What's new

Save help.

TheViper4Life

I've been using Project 64 1.6 for a couple months now, and not once have I ever ran into the problem I have faced yesterday.

I've been playing WWF No Mercy (gotta relive those childhood memories), and anyone who knows how this game works, knows about the championship mode title paths.

Anyways, I had completed the WWF Title path to 98%, which means I had one more block to unlock, and I was doing so by defending the belt with Andre the Gaint. Well, after each and every match, it gives you the option to save, which has always worked fine until now, I got to chapter 5 and started noticing that when I pressed the save button on the game is froze for a second then would continue.

The problem is, that for so odd reason, even though it saves it....it doesnt actually save it. Im stuck on Chapter 4 of this title path. It will let me play passed it all I want. Say I play until chapter 8, then save, then exit out, and come back it reverts right back to chapter 4. If I start a new game, and do all that good stuff, save, exit and come back, it reverts back to chapter 4.

Now, I started using the save state feature on the emulator itself....which works, with one major problem. I keep using save state to go along, but once you complete a title path in the game, the game resets itself and normally you can move on, but no matter what I do, it reverts back to that same chapter. I can't get rid of it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Maybe found a way around it? If not then how do I reset the internal save data for the game, so I can just start over?

Thanks.