What's new

Mupen64plus with different plugins comes crashing down on my ubuntu system -and more!

rusma

Hello everyone!

I've installed mupen64plus 1.5 on my ubuntu 1.7GHz Celeron M (singlecore) laptop with 512 megabyte of ram from the package for 32bit linux (not from source), and latest Rice plugin from svn. Windows XP is also present on the laptop. I am able to play Ocarina of time without any problems on Mupen64plus 1.3 on wndows (from the 7z package, not from source) with Rice plugin and all. But I realized after playing for a while I could not find the save-directory (present in ~/.mupen64plus on linux), when I move to another system. First problem:

Where is the save directory?

The application crashes when I try to use the Rice plugin (this also happened with the Rice in the original package). So I tried to play with the Glide64 and glN64 plugins. glN64 also crashed, and the Glide64 worsk well for a while (ie. the time it takes from the start of the game and to complete the deku tree), and I get 0 fps and all system resources is used, and I have to manually turn of the computer. Second problem:

What to do? I there any options to make the rice plugin work? I would really like to enable hires-pictures :)

I hope someone can answer, and maybe make some interesting suggestions on what to do :(

/Rasmus

OP
R

rusma

Another weird thing is when I try to stop using the square stop button on a another computer running ubuntu, Ubuntu logs my user off - might this be a kernelpanic?

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Another weird thing is when I try to stop using the square stop button on a another computer running ubuntu, Ubuntu logs my user off - might this be a kernelpanic?

A kernel panic would require a hard reboot; what you describe is probably a crashed X server. Most likely that's due to a bug in your opengl driver.

OP
R

rusma

A kernel panic would require a hard reboot; what you describe is probably a crashed X server. Most likely that's due to a bug in your opengl driver.

Thanks. It's probably the problem.

Where is the save directory on windows?