What's new

Porting the 1964 dynarec?

agsgymboy

I don't really know how to program very well, so i thought i would ask... Isn't there a way to port the extremely compatible 1964 DynaRec for use with mupen64plus, and make it multi platform? If someone was able to do this, all of us would really love and better, faster, and more compatible dynarec. I hope someone rises to this challenge! :1964:

Last edited:

Pyromanik

A dynarec is a lot of work.
I wouldn't hold your breath. We already have 2.

M64p may not be the fastest emulator around, but there aren't too many serious compatibility errors that I'm aware of compared to any other emu.

Last edited:
OP
A

agsgymboy

Lockups in Banjo-Tooie, a button on a wall can't be pressed, in Banjo-Kazooie, Bottle's puzzle challenge doesn't start With the interpreter, or dynamic recompiler. Last time i had windows, 1964 didn't have these problems. There are various other ones HERE. If someone was able to make the 1964 DynaRec work for mupen64plus, MANY people would benefit from it, or at least try and fix these problems.

Now i wish i had windows installed through bootcamp, and not as a VM. Then again, it would take forever to get all of the drivers to work. :(

Shin_Gouki

now imagine that it would take even MUCH longer to "port" that dynaRec. Did i mention that it would take ABSOLUTLY massivly "longer"?

Last edited:
OP
A

agsgymboy

Well, yeah, i am on OS X, Project 64 runs somewhat slow in wine, and i can't use my controllers. If I could make sense out of the N64 dynarec, and make sense out of the games, i would help, but i don' get anything. I think Mupen runs pretty good now. I think that when the windows and mac ports are completely finished, the devs should get back to work on the DynaRec, and hopefully fix the problem with the fire switch in B-T.