What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Datadaynes Perfect Dark retexture

Datadayne

245xzrc.png

News
Right now I am working on multiplayer stages.

Progress
Skedar: Complete
Carington Institute: Work in progress
Datadyne: Work in progress
Chicago: Work in progress

Screenshots
180q6e.png

104i9g4.png

e7b3ox.png

24l68pg.png

Trailers

Downloads (Im using Artisols video plugin. Note that some of the textures are pretty big)
Skedar: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YQOCHR80

Last edited by a moderator:

mode7

Good work Datadayne, I especially like the last one.
The ornament on the wall in the original on the first two seems to be embossed out somehow - like a relief.
I think your texture could look a lot better if you did it that way too.

death--droid

Personally i prefer the original textures. in some cases.
The kind of rock side walls don't seem to go to well with the metal.

mode7

I see what your talking about mode7, I will try and fix that up.

Feel free to aks if you have any problems.
Just another idea: I think I'd look kind of cool if the blue bar on the sidings would glow - it's meant to be light anyway.

mots

dumbass
How about working on the HUD? Imo this is the area where lots of improvements are possible with only minimal work (Unsharp fonts and radar) I tried fixing the fonts myself, but somehow the emulator kept crashing with my new textures... One of the fonts used is Handel Gothic Sans, if that helps...

OP
D

Datadayne

How about working on the HUD? Imo this is the area where lots of improvements are possible with only minimal work (Unsharp fonts and radar) I tried fixing the fonts myself, but somehow the emulator kept crashing with my new textures... One of the fonts used is Handel Gothic Sans, if that helps...

Thanks breh, will look into that.

Chicago almost complete.
24l68pg.png

OP
D

Datadayne

Wow, that looks awesome :)
How about Villa as the next multiplayer stage? :>

Well im midway through Area 51 (my favorite stage), but I'll take a look at Villa next.

Do you still happen to have the dumped textures of the fonts and HUD mots?

OP
D

Datadayne

Im switching the project to glide64 napalm since it emulates the game better, but right now a couple of textures are not loading, any ideas?

Edit* figured it out I think.

Anyone know how the max resolution size glide64 uses, some textures in perfect dark needs more than 4x the texture size.

Last edited: