What's new

Saving problems! "Attempt to open zip file failed. Missing or corrupt file"

qrek

Hi!

I'm using Project64 and have encountered a small problem. I've used the search function and can still not found a solution to my problem. It's the saving part, i get this error:

"Attempt to open zip file failed. Missing or corrupt file - check path and file. You may need to restart the application."

I'm pretty new to this program but i think I'm doin it right. My saves are located at the save folder, i load the rar/zip file the program creates and and i still get this error.

Some specs i have don't think it have anything to do with it but anyway:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333)
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ (512 MB)

Have done the obvious like restarting the pogram etc.
And if i open the save files it's nothing there.

Thanks in advance, qrek.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
How do you load the rar/zip file?

For the record, you should stick to using a games own save feature to save your game instead of relying on savestates. Sure, savestates are useful if you are at a difficult spot and need to quickly get back into the game if you mess up, but savestates can also be problematic and easily corrupted.

OP
Q

qrek

Hmm i playing Zelda Majoras mask and i don't know how to save ingame. I'm loading it with "Open Rom" maybe that is the wrong way.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Open Rom is used to load the game, not savestates. Savestates are loaded via System --> Restore (F7, instant load of the previously save state) or via System --> Load... (pick the state you want loaded).

Game is saved in-game by acquiring the Ocarina of Time and then playing the Song of Time.