What's new

Question about Echelon games

Kerim

Hi my problem is this:

I'm new using Demul but I only have one problem,when I try to play Giga Wing 2 the game freezes after I press start on the Echelon screen intro.

The same happens when I try to load some of those 3 in 1 games after the DC logo it freezes.So I tried with RE Code Veronica and it works just fine the game loads perfectly.

It looks like the emu cant load homebrew stuff but what's up with the Echelon releases?

What's the problem?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Echelon release are known to be somewhat problematic in emulators. I'd stay away from these unofficial "compilation" discs if I were you. AFAIK, different emulators are better at handling Echelon releses than others, but I don't think any one of them does it perfectly (Demul and nullDC seem to be the best anyway - you should give nullDC ago, although it hasn't been updated in ages).

OP
K

Kerim

I use NullDC too and it works with all the games I have ,I guess Im gonna have to wait until Demul gets updated or something but still on the compatibility list of the emu Giga Wing 2 Echelon release has a green square o_O

Xtreme2damax

You should really stick to original gdr dumps, dumped off of legitimate copies of your games. Echelon and "Scene" releases are highly problematic as mentioned above and tend to cause issues in several Dreamcast emulators.

A few issues can range from corrupted graphics, freezing, crashing, and inability to change discs in games like Resident Evil: Code Veronica using the disc changing feature of NullDC.

If you can "find" original gdr releases anywhere, then that is good but most of the releases on the web such as Echelon, Rips, and other Scene releases are very problematic..

Also discussing "Echelon" rips is borderline on the rules prohibiting discussions related to piracy..

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I don't see why we can't discuss those. It's not like discussing them is the same thing as offering links to romsites or somesuch, and it's already been established that we don't talk about ripping here.