What's new

Zelda 64 saved state

thine_impalor

Local spammer
I had to format my HD last week and lost all my N64 saves, of course, the other games were all no mercy and the like which I don't consider THAT much of a loss but I lost my Zelda:OoT saves as well. Can ANYBODY give me a save game or saved state of pj1.4/1.3 in the water temple? My e-mail address is [email protected] . Thanxx

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
just start over bro. anybody elses save state will be differen't from what you have already done and might kill some stuff for you (assuming you havn't already beaten the game) and if you have beaten the game already then you know it's THE BEST GAME EVER and you will WANT to play it again from the begining.

OP
thine_impalor

thine_impalor

Local spammer
start over????????!!!!!

start over again!!! thats ummm.....a HUGE effort.....i'll have to get the triforce thingy, then become adult link again, then finish the forest temple and ...........hmmm.........i have to get the lens of truth again and oh my my.........................ahhhhhhhhh.....i don't have time like the old days:eek:
do u have a saved state with u triforce??? :sly:
ciao

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Enh, starting over is not that bad. A "bare minimum" strategy lets me finish off all the necessary kid stuff in ~4 hours. Forest temple, 2-3h, fire, 1-2h. In other words, a weekend playing for a few hours at a time and you should be back in the water temple. Not bad at all.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
i dont have a save state for PJ. only for ultra/supra. but there are LOTS of save states on zelda sites all over the place

OP
thine_impalor

thine_impalor

Local spammer
Know any saved state sites? Ahhh......what the heck......i guess i'll just start over again like Tk64 says.........
but i'll have to kill that DAMN phantom Ganon again and the blighter's so bloody hard!!!!!!!!!

Anchel

The Xpaniard
I had a really problem trying to beat phantom ganon....
I ran out of arrows, and I couldn't do anything else to kill him, so I KILLED MYSELF

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Phantom Ganon is wicked easy. Once you get him out of those pictures (which should only take 5 shots or so) all you need is the sword. Besides you should have at least 15 anyway, you don't use many in the Forest Temple.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
I used a lot of arrows in the forest fighting the poes. but yah you should NEVER run out of arrows on PG

OP
thine_impalor

thine_impalor

Local spammer
yay! reached the forest temple!!

guess what u guys, i reached the forest temple already, i went on a 4 hr spree, and finished all the stuff. guess ur rite tk64, it didn't take too long since i know most of the puzzles:colgate:
infact i'm half way thorugh the forest temple.....but i STILL don't look forward to fighting the Phantom ganon, i HOPE the REAL ganon is not like this...then again, DON'T tell me
anyway, is there any clear cut method of knowing which of the pictures is real or dyu just toss a coin and hope the one u hit is the real 1???

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
/me thinks.... is this a spoiler?

Guess not...

For PG the trick is, when you look at the pictures, one version rides off to the side a little bit (forget wether it's fake or real, and which side... now that you know what to look for it should be easy to figure out).

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Ok, this might help (using uHLE because of my huge states library, lucky I had a pganon one...)

Two Phantom Ganons coming...

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
... the one on the right is real. So I guess the one on the left (the fake) is the one that rides off to one side (see previous pic).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's rather easy you should know.
Just use the bow and aim at the picture when phantom ganon disappears. When he's gone in that picture, take a look around using the bow, and hopefully (if you're fast enough :) ), you should find one.
Now comes the next part. If ganon comes out of the picture, just shoot him! If he doesn't, then quckly terminate the bow mode and stand next to a triforce symbol and he should miss you.
Repeat. Easy as hell. I can beat him without losing a single heart.

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Doomulation said:

Now comes the next part. If ganon comes out of the picture, just shoot him! If he doesn't, then quckly terminate the bow mode and stand next to a triforce symbol and he should miss you.

... I just stand on the Triforce thing and wait in bow mode. He has never (ever) hit me in the horse-picture phase.

OP
thine_impalor

thine_impalor

Local spammer
YES YES!!

YEAHH, thanks a LOT for the help u guys especially tk64! got him, frist time! no second time(but with pj's save states u don't notice heh heh;) ) anyway, second time cuz in the second phase, he did some UBER powerful spear stab like thing that totally destroyed me, luckily, i HAD kept a saved state just before this(ahhhhhh.......wonders of technology...) anyway, i NEVER noticed this spear thing LAST time? does he do this all the time???? boy, if it was a REAL n64, i would have to do that ALL over again:cry:
thanx guys!

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Re: YES YES!!

thine_impalor said:
anyway, second time cuz in the second phase, he did some UBER powerful spear stab like thing that totally destroyed me, luckily, i HAD kept a saved state just before this(ahhhhhh.......wonders of technology...) anyway, i NEVER noticed this spear thing LAST time? does he do this all the time????

He tries the regular magic a few times, then sometimes he decides to do the spear thing. If you see him doing it, RUN! I believe he doesn't track you while doing the spear thing so you can just get out of his way.

Of course it happens randomly, so you don't see him do it very often.

Doomulation

Tk64 said:

... I just stand on the Triforce thing and wait in bow mode. He has never (ever) hit me in the horse-picture phase.
It always happens to me that he hits me ON the triforce. But then, you could always stand at those places and he'll avoid hitting you at ALL! But that's no fun...

OP
thine_impalor

thine_impalor

Local spammer
ok, now THAT is a hard boss

Well i didn't have any REAL probs with the phantom ganon's second phase except for the spear stab, i had practise with mario tennis;)
reached more than half way i would guess in the water temple, just beat dark link, (using din's fire couldn't beat him straight!!) oh yeah and the PG DID hit me when i was standing on the tri force!!

Doomulation

Re: ok, now THAT is a hard boss

thine_impalor said:
Well i didn't have any REAL probs with the phantom ganon's second phase except for the spear stab, i had practise with mario tennis;)
reached more than half way i would guess in the water temple, just beat dark link, (using din's fire couldn't beat him straight!!) oh yeah and the PG DID hit me when i was standing on the tri force!!
I've never seen this sword stab...
And for din's fire: Cheat! :angry: Use your sword and fight like a hero!