What's new

Final Fantasy VII for PC problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Has anyone managed to get FFVII for PC to work on a GF2 or GF3 on hardware rendering. With my GF3 default settings, the text is misaligned in the middle (texel alignment does nothing to solve this). It works well if I tweak my card to force turn on Anistrophy and Anti-Aliasing, except the background (2D) images are really messed up. Any ideas here would be helpfull. I know this is an old game but I still play it a lot. ;)

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I played it a couple of weeks ago with my Geforce 2 under Win XP
and experienced no problems what so ever so I can't tell you what the problem is :(

blizz

erm latest drivers/ DirectX release? (obvious I know ;) )

are you using Win2000 or XP? since that could also be the source of your problem not just your drivers

or you could buy the game for about a tenner second hand and play it with epsxe ;)

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Hmm, Thats an idea, I can re-boot to windows 98 and try, but on my TNT2 it worked in XP, so I don't think it is the problem. But hey I've heard of stranger things.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
OK, well here is my problem, it happens on Win98 too, just one last desperate plea before I give up and go software rendering, BTW look at the nice Anti-Aliasing affect on the characters. MMmmmm Looks good, too bad for the background problem.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Squall said:
have tried udating your drivers...make sure you use denator destroyer...available from www.guru3d.com

and if all else fails ??? you can always reformat :D

No, the problem is that Final Fantasy VII doesn't "technically" support the Geforce series, though it can be made to work on Geforce and Geforce 2. I'm trying to get it to work on Geforce 3, and since I have a Ti200, I have to have the latest drivers, because they are the only ones that support the Titanium series.

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
Oh, and I don't need Detonator Destroyer, I have Symantec Clean Sweep.

me_is_dumb

If your running it on an psx emulater try turning texture filtering off. If your not then im pretty retarded.:)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
its becoz of Palleted Textures.. anything above GF3 and including te GF3 does not support it. resulting in games that require it being.. well..screwed

dwx

ok ... even if this thread is VERY old ...
http://www.eidosforum.de/archive/index.php/t-3228.html
should give some very useful hints to make it run under xp with new geforce cards.
the forum is in german but maybe it helps some people.

btw: long time ago i heard of a "ff7 interpreter for xp". something like scummvm for the old lucasarts adventures. anyone knows something?

bye dwx

OP
Eagle

Eagle

aka Alshain
dwx said:
ok ... even if this thread is VERY old ...

Yep, you said it. I haven't played FF7 in a long time. Still my favorite RPG of all time though. Still, this gravedigging was rather pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.