What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Download the most complete High res oot retexture pack

tonloc89

I have Finished combining some of the better texture packs including work from federelli, djipi, Mode7, and Zeth. I altered many of the textures so that all of the packs would work together. I also added a lot of my own textures to make the pack more complete (includes around 5,500 textures) To download my pack you can go to: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ENR61416 To see what you can expect you check out some pictures from http://s734.photobucket.com/albums/ww346/tony112989/?newest=1/ Also, note that my included read me file includes attribution to the featured authors. For any questions or comments you can email me at [email protected]

(Pack Updated on May 6th)

Last edited:

cerebus5

This is fantastic! I spent some time travelling around the game yesterday checking out various parts. It's the most complete pack out there. Only things I would say I noticied: firstly textures taken from the cel shaded pack look odd in some places. Particularly on the hill coming up to Goron mines from Kakariko village. Rather use a realistic style there because it's a bit jarring.

Then just befroe the Menudo(?) Valley there are some missing patches on the wall where you can see right through it.

That's all I noticed so far but keep it up. I'll d/l any changes you make. I love the work done on the static backgrounds like inside houses and so on. And the entire GUI is done except for Link's body inside the start menu.

mode7

Just a sarcastic comment - I'm not a big fan of these patchwork packs.
Mixing the work of many people who all had a different aproach.

Zeth aproach is to recreate Twilight Princess

Federellis is all about quality, which is very high but on the downside he reuses many textures, which were different ones in the game. E.g. the earth wall in Kakariko Village.

My aproach is to be as faithful to the original as possible, but I often can't reach the quality of the federelli pack.

Another thing is that the original authors weren't asked for permission.

OP
T

tonloc89

Hey Cerebus I fixed what you were talking about among other things check out the new link

cerebus5

yeah mode7 but it's basically what I've been trying to do for a while - put together enough textures from different packs to recreate the whole game. It's no good if you have a bunch of half finished projects scattered around because the goal is that you want to actually play a finished hi res version of zelda.

And btw in many cases your textures exceed Federelli's. The rope on the bridge is one example - the clouds are another. You're doing great work.

OP
T

tonloc89

Hey Nathane, Make sure that youre using the video plugin (mudlord's rice video build 1.6.4) that i included. For some reason a lot of the other ones dont load those textures.

OP
T

tonloc89

Hey I just made an update to my pack. I fixed all of the problems that people were complaining about (regarding random out of place textures mostly) I don't think that ill be updating the pack anymore unless anybody has anymore suggestions. Just let me know thanks.

darkmischief

Thanks tonloc for you pack, i was trying to do the same, but it was harder than i expected.

i agree with mode7, but 'patchwork patches' are a nice quick fix! =] i love all these texture guys here at emutalk, u guys are unfreakin believable... unfreakin believable...

a note with glide64 napalm 1.22, the BOSS names render strangely. queen gohmas got a nice line through her name, and dodongo / thing in jabujabu seem to have the textured name on top of the original.

not that i expect any change, just throwing it out there. in case anyone else has it too and starts freakin out haha

Siba

Why can i not delete this pack? i tried using the glide video plugin because i heard it also could support textures,But it wouldn't let me load the rom,so i deleted it,went back to pj64 switched back to rice's and now the textures won't load,and i also cannot delete them,they say that they may be in use but Pj64 isn't open.
any help is apreciated,thanks

Siba