What's new

Hokuto no Ken

kr3wman

So, I'm a very big fan of Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken, and when I heard it got emulated I nearly jumped up to the ceiling and shouted ''YOU WA SHOCK!''.

Okay. So, after setting up and configuring the plugins (left most of it untouched since I didnt see the need to change them.) I configure my controls, normal stuff you know, arrows are up, down, left , right.

But when I started the game, I inserted some coins, enjoyed the intro sequence (YOU WA SHOCK) but I am stuck at the start screen. It doesn't do anything when I press the start button, but it does when I insert coins. I thought the emulator didnt recognize my keyboard, but when I use the test function all my keys work well. I tried using different keys (enter/return, P, Space, M) but none of them work.

Any help?

AtTheGates

if you leave the controls at "gamepad" and still use your keyboard keys, everything works fine.
if you switch to "keyboard", start won't work.

i had that bug in the first version, its probably still present.

kitch907

So far, the game runs very smoothly, that is until you get past the character select screen.

Right after I choose my character, the game hangs for a few seconds, then crashes on me.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

Also, during a game demo, the two characters on screen do not fight, but stay in their starting poses until the intro begins to play over again.

I am using the latest version, 5.3

Thanks!

Last edited: