What's new

Emulator Issue

happyanime

When I load a rom on this emulator it says that the file isn't found. I have the CHD, and I have the rom zip file. Do you need to use a program to change the format of the CHD to a bin file?

Hawq

It can sometimes complain if the files aren't in the same dir as the emu, at least I found that with some games, moving the files made it happy again, worth a try

dr emu (madmax)

When I load a rom on this emulator it says that the file isn't found. I have the CHD, and I have the rom zip file. Do you need to use a program to change the format of the CHD to a bin file?

here we go you'll need to download the latest mame0133b_debug.exe from here http://mamedev.org/release.html ,and possibly patch it with the updates from here http://mamedev.org/updates.html
although i've not patched my mamedebug so i don't think it's that important to do so

this is someone else's work so i won't take full credit for it just that i know it works.
also a consideration is most of these games are encrypted and haven't been dumped properly yet and won't work properly if at all .
it's just a case of wait and see when the creators of said emulators get stuff sorted (sorry that's how it is) ,
you might find that when you run mame0133b_debug
that it will say some parts are missing these parts are sometimes released in the updates section of your rom updates games carrier sorry can't give you the names off any as it's forbidden ,
keep them separate from your roms
unzip the pieces
then drag and drop the pieces into your larger rom
(yes pretty obvious but not everyone knows)
and always backup up your roms!
(just incase you make a booboo) ;)

here's his blog some of it's old and has been updated by me anyway i hope it helps

hello,

I managed to get the GD-ROM games working in lastest DEMUL !

get that here http://demul.emulation64.com/

Here is a step by step of how I got them working.

I'll take as example the game VIRTUAL TENNIS 2

1st, you need the lastest version of MAME (0.133U3) compiled in debugger mode (MAMED.EXE) i'e mame0133b_debug

2nd, you also need the proper MAME roms and CHD for that game.
usually zip is a small file not always though
Then here is how to proceed to get the correct DEMUL rom and run it :

1. Run "Virtua Tennis 2" with the debugger version of MAME -> MAMED.EXE VTENNIS2
2. Exit MAME after the rom loading screen.
3. In the current folder, you'll find two new files "encrypted vtennis2" and "decrypted vtennis2"
4. Delete "decrypted vtennis2" and rename "encrypted vtennis2" to "vtennis2.bin"
5. Copy the MAME rom "vtennis2.zip" into the DEMUL rom folder, add the "vtennis2.bin" into this archive.(i'e drag and drop)
6. Now you can RUN the game from DEMUL (the CHD plugin doesn't seems to be used!)

I also tried with IKARUGA, VTENNISG, MONKEYBALL and they worked !

I hope this will help you and others and now .... have fun ! :)

Thierry

dr-emu

p's don't forget to download the bioses aswell
and 1 other thing you will need a pretty powerfull machine nothing super fancy
to run games at a reasonable speed
hope that helps

pm me if you need help ;)

dr emulator (madmax)

if anyone else would like a link to the latest release pm me and i'll send you a link to it

remember no requests for roms or games such requests will be deleted

Last edited: