there are not enough buttons on the wiimote/nunchuk for mapping all
N64 pad's buttons, so I still need to make something for allowing the
user to manually map the N4 pad's buttons to the wiimote/nunchuk
controls.
I still haven't added the "rumble" functionality yet, nor did I make
the code for handling multiple wiimotes and for using another wiimote
than mine ^^

That is to say, I still have work to do, but I would like to share my
work and integrate this to the Mupen64Plus source code repository.
How would this be possible ?

Thanks for your answers.

Pyromanik

Talk to Richard42 about it. He'll set you up with an SVN account, with a branch for you to work in.
You can email him directly, I believe his contact details are on the google projects page.

Last edited:

Tillmann

Whatever
a wiimote plugin it's a very nice thing to have, you've definably kept my interest on it :D

If you permit a question, I would like to know if you plan to add classic controller support :D

Congrats for the initiative :D

OP
F

Funto

Thank you for your support :)

As for classic controller support, why not, but as for the moment I do not own any one so I can't develop that ^^ Furthermore there is still work to do with wiimote/nunchuk...

And Richard42 still hasn't answered my e-mail :(

OP
F

Funto

For the impatients, I just commited a first "playable" version of my plugin :)
To compile, you need GTK+ development libraries, and you must type "make" in the wiinput64 directory.

I actually just tested it with Mario64 and do not know if the mapping is ok for other games.
As for the moment, only 1 wiimote is usable, and we must configure its bluetooth address in the configuration dialog of the input plugin (I will add detection later). You can get your wiimote's address with "lswm" (from the CWiid project).

Enjoy !

Slougi

Hi,

if the gtk+ bits are well separated I'd like to write a Qt interface. =) Do you think the gtk ui will change a lot still?

OP
F

Funto

Yeah cool :)

The GTK+ UI is not finalized at all, currently it's really a hack, as we need to manually enter the wiimotes' bluetooth addresses we get with "lswm". I would like to add a "discover" button or something like this.

If you want, you can start a Qt GUI but my GTK interface may change ^^

As for the separation, the GUI is implemented in a separated .c file (gui_gtk.c), and there is also a console interface, so adding gui_qt.c would be ok.

Also, I am not really at ease with Mupen64Plus Makefiles system (I am used to using SCons...), so I need help with it. Currently, I do not use $GTK_LIBS for example (I directly call pkg-config), and my plugin is not integrated with mupen64plus's system (i.e. typing "make" in the root directory does not compile wiinput64).
Furthermore, I do not manage to make "ifeq($GUI,GTK2)" work...

Need some help on this side ^^

Last edited:

Pyromanik

Copy (and edit) the relevant bits from other makefiles, you'll get the hang of it soon enough.
It's what I did :p

Sounds like a great project!
Good Luck :D

OP
F

Funto

Thanks Pyromanik :)

I finally got my way through the Makefiles so now, you can just compile normally from the source tree, and drive Mario with your nunchuk ^^