What's new

Demul 0.5.2

cal2

Hello,

I have tested hokuto no ken, and there are the following problems:

- choppy sound (the volume goes up, down)
- during the demo, the characters don't move
- the game hangs after a single round.

also here are the problems with the gui:

- the pad configuration doesn't work on windows vista. It doesn't capture the keyboard keys. You have to set the compatibility on Windows XP SP2 to make it work.

However, it is really impressive to see it work, congratulations for the amazing work.

Here is my configuration :

Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz
4 Gb ram
Geforce 8800GT
Windows Vista

thank you and keep up the good work !

AtTheGates

bugs for HNK emulation:

1. Timer has buggy graphics (obvious)

2. Characters are very slightly translucent (not so obvious, pick mr. heart to see what i mean)

3. pre-fight and post-fight poses take longer than usual to complete (can be skipped with any button though, so no problem)

4. if you set player 2 to KEYBOARD, player 2 Start doesn't work. If you leave player 2 as GAMEPAD you can still assign keyboard keys, and player 2 Start will work, though.

5. Emulator sometimes chops up sprites when you for example mash "down" very quickly - i assume that when you make a sprite change too fast, the emulator gets confused. Also happened when playing Heart vs. Heart & only walking for a bit.

6. might just be me, but i think there's slight lag right after the start of a round.

7. again, not sure, but there might be some overall very slight input lag.

tested both 32 (xp) and 64 (windows 7 beta), runs perfectly smoothly on my rig (quad core, 4 gig ram, nvidia geforce 8800gt).

Last edited:

palomino

bugs i found:

1. 'START' key doesn't work on the 32bit version. The 64bit version works fine. I tried to copy the ini file from 64bit version but doesn't work.
2. High possibility to crash nvidia display driver when trying to select a menu during the game. (64bit version)
3. Work improperly with nvidia SLI. The game in fighting stage is limited to about 30fps when SLI is enabled. (64bit version)

Thanks for the outstanding work.

my configuration:
windows vista64
core i7 920
6g ram
gtx295

Last edited:

AtTheGates

another bug, probably known already:
- if you change anything in the system menu (rounds etc) or enter the system menu and just start the game again, intro is garbled & game might crash after a while.

SiW

Excellent work, thank you.

Bug? The pad plugin doesn't allow you to configure the keys if emulation has already been started.

Here's hoping Demolish Fist gets properly dumped soon :)