What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Conker BFD re-textured!

OP
A

Aaron Anderson

Aaron-A
ermm, how do I insert pics?

Okay here's some pics

conkerbfd53.png

conkerbfd0.png

conkerbfd1.png

conkerbfd2.png

conkerbfd3.png

conkerbfd4.png

conkerbfd5.png

conkerbfd6.png

conkerbfd8k.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mode7

I'm afraid he's right - these textures are not hires, they are just filtered.
Take the wood for example - wood is not shiny.

cerebus5

Looks ok but needs a lot of work I'd say. Don't be discouraged though.

BTW I came across a Mexican forum where somebody had retextured Conkers. I didn't pick it up though for some reason.

OP
A

Aaron Anderson

Aaron-A
Ok! I'm gonna restart and actually put in some hard time, I knew of course that everyone would be like OMG filters!
Do some research into ways to do this, come back next year and see what people think :)

cerebus5

Just ask a lot of advice and take a ton of tutorials. I think you're starting off a bit too ambitious. Try taking smaller textures and working on them. Look how long Gitech takes to do a single texture - sometimes two hours. And he's been at it for years.

mode7

of course not, but keep in mind, you wont be able to do the whole game on your own - this is unrealistic. Think about it: A TEAM of PROFESSIONAL artists worked on that game for MONTHS and for 8 HOURS or more a day. If you are aiming for the whole game - you'll probably need soem support.

OP
A

Aaron Anderson

Aaron-A
:luck:

I understand.
Before I run i will crawl, I will learn how to make the textures look beautiful and develop graphic techniques.
I will then present some small peices to the audience, and maybe if people like it there will be some consideration into undertaking a bigger task.
It's not that I'm refusing help, I welcome any advice or tips, but I wouldn't want to withdraw other designer's time from their own projects because that would just be unfair.

Whoa, did I just write that? Seriously...
So yeah that's my plan.

OP
A

Aaron Anderson

Aaron-A
Question

I don't know if there's a true answer to this or not but which type of image is better to work with, PNG or Bitmap?

OP
A

Aaron Anderson

Aaron-A
Just to announce I'm no longer in the texturizing scene, I was doing some textures (they where atually Hi-res) and I decided that I wasn't doing this for anything other than the love I have for Conker.

cerebus5

Replay I have no words for how badly I want to play a retextured Starfox HD :D :D IMO maybe the most underappreciated game of the n64/psx/saturn era. Except for Edge Mag, they give it due props.

OP
A

Aaron Anderson

Aaron-A
Well...

Well I to am a big Starfox fan and consider both Lylat wars and original on SNES to be the best, though maybe the Starfox adventures one but the flying parts were abysmal.
So maybe i'll reconsider but don't hold your breath.