What's new

About the emulator recognizing my game as a music CD.

TheB34ST

You see, I've been using this emulator to play MVC2, and it's been working so far. Then, all of a sudden, I try to load it up, and it plays as a music CD. I switch drivers back and forth, from e: to h:, but even then, it still doesn't work when it used to before.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Or How to fix it?

Vicious88

Harbringer of the 80s
I would have to say that this deserves some attention, as the same thing has happened to me. I was playing Shenmue fine and well (or at least as well as it can be emulated) and then one day -- poof! No longer reading as games, just as a music CD.

I'm sorry that I can't personally be of any help, but I do hope that reading this will at least offer you some comfort knowing that you're not the only hopelessly screwed Chankast user out there.

Although: For the record, forums are usually slow going on the responses -- so if you're wanting sound advice, you may have to give it more than a day -- but if you just want a quick answer that may or may not be right, you could try something like yahoo answers or another similar service where people are awarded points for churning out answers (though I make no guarentee of acquracy).

If you're willing to wait it out, I would bet you have a great answer within three days.

Last edited:

Vicious88

Harbringer of the 80s
Ummm... I'm a little confused.

When you say "Flash file" are we talking about the standard Macromedia/Adobe Flash file like you find all over the internet, or just a coincidentally named file used by the emulator? The reason I ask is because my Adobe Flash is all the way up to date and working fine, but I can't really understand how this would affect the emulator.

Sorry for thread-nabbing, B34ST, I'm just trying to understand something, lol.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I mean the Dreamcast's flash file which is a data dump of the Dreamcast's internal Flash ROM chip.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheB34ST

No, it's totally awesome and it sucks at the same time that you have the same problem as me, so I really welcome the fact that I'm not alone in this matter. :D

And Agozer, what do you mean? If this is true, how can we fix it?

Agozer

Replace your Dc_flash.bin file with another copy. You might want to try the game and the image with other emulators as well, though.

Agozer

You are not supposed to ask that. the Flash file along with the BIOS are copyrighted material by Sega. It's not particularly hard to find one, though.

Agozer

Just replace the old file; overwrite it with the new one. It's hardly rocket science.

OP
T

TheB34ST

I've done what you've asked. I replaced the file, but when I load it up again, it's still the same thing, except now the disk is red. What do I do now?

OP
T

TheB34ST

Can anyone out there help me? I've replaced the file, really I have, but NOTHING happened or helped at all... now when I load the damn thing, it still won't show the game, only this red disk instead of blue. Can anyone out there please help me???